Bought a Prius today. :o

SpaceGhost

LOL

My mom has had a tough couple of years. Some guy rear ended her last week and totaled her 98 Civic. So to help out I decided to buy her a used Prius. She loves it like many women do. She lives and drives to work in Westerville so she never drives on the freeway. I'm gonna pay it off in 12 months and sell it to her for a dollar. Makes me feel pretty good that I can do this for my mother. Feels pretty good to buy another person a car. Well here is a pic of a the slow beast. :)

http://gallery.me.com/bbotte/100036/Moms%20Prius/web.jpg

Guest tbutera2112
That is an amazing thing to do. I am also pretty sure you have to put some sort of value on the title when you gift a car. Not to mention the tax implications if you give a car as a gift.

not to family...thats the only exception to the rule...youre allowed to gift to family

hell, some hole in the wall places let you gift to anyone you want, but any main office will only allow gift to family

For the record I schooled her like 10 times about how to put the thing in neutral, and how to turn it off in an emergency. I made her do it while she was driving. :) Her last car was a 2 door EX coupe so the 4 Doors is a big plus for her since she like to take my daughter to places like playgrounds and parks. The Gas milage should be a little better even though her Civic wasn't thirsty. She drives so damn slow it's always on battery. :)

Guest tbutera2112
For the record I schooled her like 10 times about how to put the thing in neutral, and how to turn it off in an emergency. I made her do it while she was driving. :) Her last car was a 2 door EX coupe so the 4 Doors is a big plus for her since she like to take my daughter to places like playgrounds and parks. The Gas milage should be a little better even though her Civic wasn't thirsty. She drives so damn slow it's always on battery. :)

stupid question...but do you have to plug it in or anything? or does the alternator charge it up like a normal car?

No plug in. I filled it up at the gas station, 14 bucks. Has a 10 gallon tank and it only took 6 Gal. Made me sick, I spend 40+ a week. She will fill up once or twice a month with that. LOL

The engine and brakes charge the battery. Pretty good car for a 59 YO Grandmother I think.

No plug in. I filled it up at the gas station, 14 bucks. Has a 10 gallon tank and it only took 6 Gal. Made me sick, I spend 40+ a week. She will fill up once or twice a month with that. LOL

The engine and brakes charge the battery. Pretty good car for a 59 YO Grandmother I think.

so the old women driver can drive slower.

just kidding, thats really awesome of you to do that, AND to teach her to put it in neutral. :thumbup: