What would you buy <15K 4 door sedan

hpfiend

Hey all-

Sold the RSX-S, now need a reliable family sedan fun and good looking would be positives but reliability and space is king for our now 15 month old and maybe another sometime down the road and all the stuff that goes along with kids. The 99 explorer is good for snow or when I can't drive the corvette as I need to haul something but while it hasn't given us any major trouble yet- it is likely around the corner as it has 140K miles.

Could maybe swing a little more than 15K but definitely less than 20K.

So far looking at 06-07 Acura TLs, 08-09 Honda Accord, and 08-10 Ford Fusion-

Thanks,

Andrew

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 08/09 Fusions are different than the '10 Fusion.

With that said, I had an 09 fusion w/ the SAP package, sync, etc loaded up, and it was BORING and I sold it within 6 months of buying new.

Not sure how you'll touch a '10 with $15k...but who knows.

My old neighbor had a TSX or TL, can't remember, but like an 05/06 i think, 6spd, he said like 270hp, etc, that was a nice fun car...

Guest tbutera2112
What would I buy? Hmm...Personally, I'd be looking at a Maxima or a Avalon. The Maxima is a little sporty, and the Avalon is just plain big and comfy.

i saw a newer altima the other day, and it was blowing smoke like a freight train...makes me weary against buying a nissan for awhile

It's funny seeing this thread because I've been driving myself thru hell pouring over statistics and what not trying to find a new vehicle for my wife.

If your budget is 15K I would honestly look at 07-08 Mazda 6's. You can buy loaded V6 models with 30K miles for 15K all over the place. Hell, at one point I found a 4cyl cloth 08 model with 12K miles for $14K.

We're replacing an 03 Mazda6 i 4cyl that my wife bought new in 03 and we've now got 130K on. It's been great for us and the reason I wanted to look at another one, but she has stated she wants something nicer, which is why I've been looking at TSX's and TL's.

Unfortunately for your budget you're going to be in the higher mileage portions of the TL's which may not work if you intend on keeping the vehicle for quite a while. Just food for thought.

Low miles: click

Low price and still decent miles: click

Guest tbutera2112
Because you saw ONE car maybe burning oil? Ok.

maybe? it had blue smoke pouring out the exhaust pipe and stunk up my whole truck...i cant believe you dont know what burning oil smells and looks like