You Vette DBW experts...I needz u allz

TurboGoKart

Just wondering, since I can't seem to find much info on the DBW system in an FSM. 99 Corvette wiring harness/PCM/TAC.

1. The TAC motor doesn't work in the ON position, correct? Motor has to be running, yes?

2. Granted the pedal is bolted to the car (I'm not sure how it is in stock chassis form), but is the pedal assembly grounded? Does it NEED to be?

3. Is there anything that normally goes wrong in this system?

4. I know that after a certain number of powertrain sensors, the pedal output is basically shut down. Anyone know what those sensors or number of sensors is?

Reason I ask is my car is running now, but no pedal/throttle action. I have power/ground, now I'm just going to test continuity on all my wires DBW related to make sure nothing is severed anywhere. Any other suggestions to try?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

There's a bunch of codes right now, but the one in question is P1518: PCM to TAC Serial Data Circuit.

I found this AWESOME write up for fixing a P1518 code: http://www.gearchatter.com/viewtopic9438.php

So I'm going to follow this and see if I can't figure it out. Apparently it can throw this code from a low battery signal as well, and my alternator isn't hooked up yet, so I'm going to fix the little things first and go from there. Fixing one code can take off other codes too so hence fixing the 'little' things first.