Have you noticed?

schmuckingham

I was thinking last night that all the cars I have owned ( not a whole lot in comparison to some) that none of them were as fun as the first one I ever built. Granted it was a turbo FWD that just spun and torque steered everywhere but It was fun no matter what I did. The Lightning was fun but needs a manual, the bike was just not me at all amd then both these Mustangs it seems they need everything changed before its a solid car.

I guess the novelty of cars has started to wear off haha.

Guest tbutera2112

i actually just miss having something reliable and fun to drive.... i miss my mustang, but i miss when it was a bolt on slow ass 2v....it was fun to drive, comfortable, ac/heat, semi-reliable....always gonna be someone faster, im done bothering to try and compete...my next car will be a 99-04 stang or a 2011+, and it will be bone stock aside from a nice exhaust and maybe a short throw shifter, and possibly gears and a tune lol...

the novelty of trying to have something fast to go out and race against people is wearing off for me...i just wanna get something reliable and fun to drive, for me and for nobody else

and schmuck, i think im starting to see your point about the bikes....i have fun on mine, but i dont really see myself buying another one in the future

What was your first car?

hahaha a turbo 97 Accord, fun right?

I have seen threads here and talked to other car people that have said if they were to do it again they wouldnt have gotten so carried away and I can see their point. After going to Mustang week in that heat I have come to realize something with A/C is a must.

Guest tbutera2112
until you lay that bike down and hit the pavement. i thought the same thing. the ground is unforgiving. SIIICK bike though! i love the way they look, but I will never ride one again.

hes done that already lol

shit happens.

I am 100% done with cars.

Well you havent exactly had the best of luck with them, especially with shops working on them.

very true, i got the bike bug

I had it, and it gave me the HIV. Honestly bikes just werent for me. I am too tall and feel awkward and wearing all your gear in the summer sucks because your a rolling oven.

Totally understand man. I haven't enjoyed a car as much as my first car a 87 nissan 300zx al motor ... was slow as hell handled amazing t-tops ahh loved it...

An honestly I just don't enjoy the srt4 any more. I've driven it a handfull of times this summer besides to the store just meh

U need to get something on the water.. jet skis or a boat trust me. I'm out almost every weekend some weeks miltiple days. Its just a very relaxing fun but that's just me... u might melt though in the sun with ur pale ass :lol:

i miss the hell outa my 98 gtp and it still ahd the stock pulley on it... it was a blast had every option I could ever want was super confortable and reliable. I would drive that thing 500+ miles and never think twice about it... i want one again :)

I had a blast with my first car, spent WAY too much money building a vagalier, but it would scoot for what it was. 230 wheel NA. BUT, once I got on the race track and felt my knee touch the pavement on a bike... well, GOODBYE to 4 wheels. Sold the cavalier a month later. I will one day have a nice car again, wont build the shit outta it like I did the first time, I just want something more classic. Late 60's camaro would be nice. Im pretty sure Motorcycles will never have a void in my life. Ive crashed many many times. Im not an idoit and always wear gear so Ive never really been hurt... well not too bad anyway. Fastest was a 110mph low side at midohio... Barely even a bruise :D I crash gracefully :lol:

the more you do to a car, the less fun it becomes---the more it becomes a liability, and not fun to drive, since you're constantly worried about it:

breaking down

getting stolen

getting dinged

getting keyed

buy a performance car, and add minimal upgrades. my '05 GTO has about 375rwhp, has great manners, can be driven across the country tomorrow with the A/C blasting, and get 23-25mpg all day long on the highway. i have a catback/intake/shifter/dynotune. the wife can easily drive it. stock clutch is easy to apply. it doesn't draw attention from cops, vandals, etc. if the car gets a swirl mark, i don't care too much. its just plain fun to drive anywhere, with not a care in the world. i would recommend anyone in your position to try a car like i listed above--there are plenty of other examples of factory cars that are fun with minimal mods. the temptation is always there to do more, but you must resist it or you'll end up with another ball-and-chain for a car