Alright CR folks, I need some help

Casper

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My choices would be WRX as long as it has a good tune and not beat up transmission, A4 but the 1.8T feels a little sluggish to me in stock form, or for something different a 03-04 Corolla XRS doesn't weigh too much and comes with a 6-speed tranny and a 1.8L yamaha engine that revs to 8K rpms, the same engine as in the elise, celica gt-s, and my old MR-S. Totally a sleeper.

I'm really favoring the 3-series BMW's. I've been looking at 325, 328, and 330. What's considered high mileage with these? There are a ton around the 100k mark. I've known people to get 200-300k with no problem out of these cars. Is there anything I should be looking for?

spend a little bit more and get an 05 subaru legacy GT limited. awesome car for the money!

I don't want to spend a little more. We have a 2009 Camry (badass car, 268hp with a 6-spd auto) and the truck. I'm just looking for a sporty-ish sedan to drive to work.

Only thing sucky about the 3 series is the interior...just not up to the standards of the competition IMO. But they drive and handle nice.

We have a 2009 Camry (badass car)

Ben, there is nothing bad ass about a Camry, lol. Nice daily, NOT bad ass.

I'm really favoring the 3-series BMW's. I've been looking at 325, 328, and 330. What's considered high mileage with these? There are a ton around the 100k mark. I've known people to get 200-300k with no problem out of these cars. Is there anything I should be looking for?

200+ is no problem if matained correctly yes... I say higher mialge because my dad picked up a 330xi with 45 on it for 16 so I would think you would be looking at around 80+ to get one down in your price range at least depending on what you get 325,328,or 330 but I will say those gm transmissions like in the 330xi with only 2xx horsepower gets up and moves the car for sure

Only thing sucky about the 3 series is the interior...just not up to the standards of the competition IMO. But they drive and handle nice.

Ben, there is nothing bad ass about a Camry, lol. Nice daily, NOT bad ass.

You can make fun of it all you want, but it's a pretty badass car. I'd be more than happy to put it up against either of your's from a dig or a roll. :D

http://www.25000milemotoroil.com/images/toyota_camry%202009.jpg

You can make fun of it all you want, but it's a pretty badass car. I'd be more than happy to put it up against either of your's from a dig or a roll. :D

http://www.25000milemotoroil.com/images/toyota_camry%202009.jpg

My wife's Audi is a turd stock...good enough for her though. With a reprogram and down pipe it would be a different story, but she won't let me do performance mods to it. I guarantee it handles and stops better than the Camry, and the interior is nicer...different price point and type of car though (Camry is a little more roomy with a little more cushy of a ride).

Avalanche...come on, it's a near 6000lb truck. I bet the Avalanche can out tow the Camry...way too Apples to Oranges.

But the Camry is no bad-ass, just face it. Nice, conservative daily drive = exactly what it was designed and sold to be.