Alright CR folks, I need some help

Casper

I already offered to run Joe. He backpedaled faster than Obama after saying we came back from the brink of a failed economy.

How the fuck did I back peddle? The Camry is going to be faster than my 3 ton truck...there is a shocker. My wife drives what is either the slowest, or at least 2nd slowest B7 made. My Formula doesn't run, and I wouldn't waste the gas on a Camry of it did.

So yes, right now I have nothing that would straight line on pavement running to outrun your Camry.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife's Audi is a turd stock...good enough for her though. With a reprogram and down pipe it would be a different story, but she won't let me do performance mods to it. I guarantee it handles and stops better than the Camry, and the interior is nicer...different price point and type of car though (Camry is a little more roomy with a little more cushy of a ride).

Avalanche...come on, it's a near 6000lb truck. I bet the Avalanche can out tow the Camry...way too Apples to Oranges.

But the Camry is no bad-ass, just face it. Nice, conservative daily drive = exactly what it was designed and sold to be.

How the fuck did I back peddle? The Camry is going to be faster than my 3 ton truck...there is a shocker. My wife drives what is either the slowest, or at least 2nd slowest B7 made. My Formula doesn't run, and I wouldn't waste the gas on a Camry of it did.

So yes, right now I have nothing that would straight line on pavement running to outrun your Camry.

2005 - 2008 Audi A4 2.0 Quattro:

60-0 mph (ft.) 122.33

0-60 mph (sec.) 7.7

2009/2010 Toyota Camry SE:

60-0 mph (ft.) 118.04

0-60 mph (sec.) 6.5

Doesn't have to be a straight line. You're saying the Camry isn't badass, that the Audi handles and stops better, and the interior is nicer. I'm saying put your money where your mouth is. The Camry is a much nicer car than the A4. The A4 barely beats the Jetta. Now had you said the A6 is a nicer car, that'd be harder to argue. To sit there and tell me our Camry isn't badass compared to your broken Fireturd, your wife's A4, and your Avalanche but then aren't willing to prove it... well, lick my taint. I heart you and with all due respect of course.

Edited by Casper

Doesn't have to be a straight line. You're saying the Camry isn't badass, that the Audi handles and stops better, and the interior is nicer. I'm saying put your money where your mouth is. The Camry is a much nicer car than the A4. The A4 barely beats the Jetta. Now had you said the A6 is a nicer car, that'd be harder to argue. To sit there and tell me our Camry isn't badass compared to your broken Fireturd, your wife's A4, and your Avalanche but then aren't willing to prove it... well, lick my taint. I heart you and with all due respect of course.

You can play with my A4....It's super slow, just ask my buddy with the 300C...;)

It won car of the year. Have you even seen a 2009 or new Camry SE?

According to who? A quick google search brings up GT-R, Hyundai Genesis, TDi Jetta...

The world car of the year is a VW golf, which is a slightly less nice and smaller A4, both are leaps and bounds above a Camry.

There are too many factors that go into choosing car of the year, like cost vs what you get, gas mileage...whatever. Luckily German car resale value falls flat after a few years, so you get a hell of a better car than say a Camry that holds it resale value in the US a lot longer because most people have 0 taste in cars, and believe that Toyota's will last forever and get incredible gas mileage.

Now I will admit that I've only seen the new camry's, and have never been inside one. But I will tell you that its an ugly car on the outside, and looking at pictures of the interior it looks just like any other Nissan or Toyota interior...crap.

But that's my opinion. Another car I would suggest is an Acura TL (not the brand new ones), but never over a European car, plus its also FWD, just like a Camry, and that's just yucky. But the TL has an interior just as good as any new BMW.

EDIT, oh, car of the year 2007.

According to who? A quick google search brings up GT-R, Hyundai Genesis, TDi Jetta...

The world car of the year is a VW golf, which is a slightly less nice and smaller A4, both are leaps and bounds above a Camry.

There are too many factors that go into choosing car of the year, like cost vs what you get, gas mileage...whatever. Luckily German car resale value falls flat after a few years, so you get a hell of a better car than say a Camry that holds it resale value in the US a lot longer because most people have 0 taste in cars, and believe that Toyota's will last forever and get incredible gas mileage.

Now I will admit that I've only seen the new camry's, and have never been inside one. But I will tell you that its an ugly car on the outside, and looking at pictures of the interior it looks just like any other Nissan or Toyota interior...crap.

But that's my opinion. Another car I would suggest is an Acura TL, but never over a European car, plus its also FWD, just like a Camry, and that's just yucky. But the TL has an interior just as good as any new BMW.

EDIT, oh, car of the year 2007.

2007 was the year they redesigned the Camry.

You think this is an ugly car??? Man, we must definitely have different tastes.

http://4.photos.ebizautos.com/new-2009-toyota-camry-se-7118-2902142-8-640.jpg

http://cars.t33bt.com/data/media/5/2009_camry_se_v6_3.jpg

For a midsize sedan, I truly think it's badass. I love the navigation, heated leather seats, handling, etc. There really isn't anything I'd change about the car. Well, it'd do awesome donuts if it were rear wheel drive.

I see cheap plastic everywhere in the interior. Especially in the center console there, around the GPS all the way down the the gear shift surround. I bet it wont be long before that silver paint comes off and the whitish-yellowy plastic starts showing. Same with the door cards. The dash I bet is a real rubbery feeling plastic. But maybe not.

I take it back about calling it ugly, but its not pretty. It's bulbous yet very bland.

I really think that you will be disappointed with it, ESPECIALLY since you are looking for a sporty aka fun to drive car. But go test drive different ones, its the only way you will know which ones you like for sure

I see cheap plastic everywhere in the interior. Especially in the center console there, around the GPS all the way down the the gear shift surround. I bet it wont be long before that silver paint comes off and the whitish-yellowy plastic starts showing. Same with the door cards. The dash I bet is a real rubbery feeling plastic. But maybe not.

I take it back about calling it ugly, but its not pretty. It's bulbous yet very bland.

I really think that you will be disappointed with it, ESPECIALLY since you are looking for a sporty aka fun to drive car. But go test drive different ones, its the only way you will know which ones you like for sure

We test drove every sedan in the $30k - $40k price range (brand new) and this was our favorite.

2005 - 2008 Audi A4 2.0 Quattro:

60-0 mph (ft.) 122.33

0-60 mph (sec.) 7.7

2009/2010 Toyota Camry SE:

60-0 mph (ft.) 118.04

0-60 mph (sec.) 6.5

You are now quoting 0-60 numbers. That's good for a nice high school argument. I'm surfing on my phone so I'm not going through the hassle of find real world numbers...not that I care about the peformqnce of either car. In 08 when my wife was looking for her car we drove about every sedan in that price point you can name...the Camry didn't even fit in the top 10. Bland, FWD, the interior is not as nice. Not a bad car, but not a top choice...likely more reliable though.

Why you keep bringing up my truck I have no clue. When you show me that Camry doing any of the functions I bought my truck for (towing and hauling, which I do often) then we will talk. I sure hope your Camry has a nicer interior than my Formula...roll bars and harnesses aren't all that fancy or comfortable.

I never refered to any of our vehicles as bad-ass...I just said the Camry is not.

You are now quoting 0-60 numbers. That's good for a nice high school argument. I'm surfing on my phone so I'm not going through the hassle of find real world numbers...not that I care about the peformqnce of either car. In 08 when my wife was looking for her car we drove about every sedan in that price point you can name...the Camry didn't even fit in the top 10. Bland, FWD, the interior is not as nice. Not a bad car, but not a top choice...likely more reliable though.

Why you keep bringing up my truck I have no clue. When you show me that Camry doing any of the functions I bought my truck for (towing and hauling, which I do often) then we will talk. I sure hope your Camry has a nicer interior than my Formula...roll bars and harnesses aren't all that fancy or comfortable.

I never refered to any of our vehicles as bad-ass...I just said the Camry is not.

And 60-0. Braking. You said the A4 stopped better. They don't.

LOL

Camry's being better than A4's.

LOL

Thanks, I needed that.

Find me a comparison test in ANY magazine that puts the A4 in the same class as the Camry. There is a reason, they aren't.

Well for one, the A4 is considered a compact. The Camry is a mid-sized. Hence my saying compare the A6 against the Camry. The A6 is way nicer than the Camry. Performance wise, the Camry SE is better than the A4. I've posted the numbers. 0-60, 60-0, 1/4 mile, horsepower, etc. The only thing the A4 does better is it gets better gas mileage. So you're right, there is no comparison between the two. The A4 is a $30k-ish luxury compact car. The 2009 Camry SE was a $35k-ish mid-size. Big difference. For $35k, the Camry SE is badass. I said it before and I'll say it again. I love this car.

And 60-0. Braking. You said the A4 stopped better. They don't.

07 Camry 3.5: http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/reviews/rt2530b.shtml

60-0 126 feet.

05 A4 (though really 06 from pics/descriptions): http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/reviews/rt2434.shtml

60-0 125 feet

Show me direct comparisons from equal sources. :) And there is more than just 60-0. Brake fade, feel, stops from higher speeds, etc all play part in breaking.

07 Camry 3.5: http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/reviews/rt2530b.shtml

60-0 126 feet.

05 A4 (though really 06 from pics/descriptions): http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/reviews/rt2434.shtml

60-0 125 feet

Show me direct comparisons from equal sources. :) And there is more than just 60-0. Brake fade, feel, stops from higher speeds, etc all play part in breaking.

Why are you still antagonizing him ?

:p