New PB in the 5.0 12.06@113.8 (w/video)

BradyPPC

Raced NHRA Unleashed this weekend. Went out in the first round but I was able to set a new personal best of 12.06@113.8 during qualifying. So far the only mods are lower control arms, upper control arm, drag radials, lowering springs, Corsa mufflers, Corsa x-pipe (retains factory cats), and our custom tuning.

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii353/brady/Ford/Mustang/2011%20Mustang/Brady%202011%20GT/DSC00028.jpg

Edited by Brady@PPC

Car looks like it hooks well on a DR.

Yeah not too bad. I think the best 60' so far was a 1.64. I should have put up that the stock limited slip has been replaced with a detroit tru-trac as well which I am sure helps a little. The stock one failed the week before and all I could get out of it was a one wheel peel.

Great Job, you got that car movin.

Thanks. The best part for me was that I wasnt powershifting the car. I started having the clutch pedal stick to the floor a couple of weeks ago. I went ahead and modified the pedal and it seems to fix the issue but I didnt want to risk trying it this weekend. If it had stuck to the floor, that would have been it. So, the 12.06 run was done with normal shifting.

First I am amazed at what a that heavy cow can do, very impressive.

You going to nmra in BG? I plan to so if you need a hand or want to pit by my buddies car lmk.

Hey thanks man. I have tossed it around but I dont know yet. Ill make my mind up in the next week or so probably. I have a few things that I would like to do to the car to squeeze a bit more out of it. I guess it will probably come down to whether I get time to do those things or not.

nice times man thats am impressive car what are the future plans for it?

P.S. I was in there the other day i like the black one with no hood on it in the show room

I dont have any plains laid in stone just yet. Just when I think I have my mind made up, I change it.

Short term plans are to get the car back on the road. After the weekend of racing, the car no longer wants to go in gear sitting at an idle running. Once it is moving, all is fine. Im not really sure what the exact issue is at this point. I am hoping to get time to tear it apart sometime next week. While I am in there, I am going to go ahead and put a new McLeod RST clutch in to handle the abuse.

That's awesome, knocking on 11's door with so little. What's retail on the mods you've got into it roughly? $2k or so? Not bad at all. Any video of the new best?

I havent added up the mods but I would say you are probably pretty close. I may have a little more in than that on the retail side. You could obviously shave some money by going with a cheaper exhaust system. Corsa stuff is usually pretty pricey but the older I get, the less I want to hear it in the car. I had the camera running for the 12.06 pass but the disc was too full and the camera shut off just after the launch. I was a bit disappointed but that is how it goes sometimes. Wagner thought he may have got it on video though.

I havent added up the mods but I would say you are probably pretty close. I may have a little more in than that on the retail side. You could obviously shave some money by going with a cheaper exhaust system. Corsa stuff is usually pretty pricey but the older I get, the less I want to hear it in the car. I had the camera running for the 12.06 pass but the disc was too full and the camera shut off just after the launch. I was a bit disappointed but that is how it goes sometimes. Wagner thought he may have got it on video though.

I am going to try and sort out all the footage I have between pinks and unleashed for a vid that features CR memebers.