Columbus Zoo car show OCT 10.

Mitch

Bump

The long-term forecast calls for sunny and 60's for Sunday. This is always a fun car show, and I always see a number of CR cars there.

Anyone interested in meeting close to the Zoo in advance and registering as a group? That way our cars can be parked together instead of being scattered all over the Zoo, which is what usually happens.

Bump

The long-term forecast calls for sunny and 60's for Sunday. This is always a fun car show, and I always see a number of CR cars there.

Anyone interested in meeting close to the Zoo in advance and registering as a group? That way our cars can be parked together instead of being scattered all over the Zoo, which is what usually happens.

I'll all for cruising in together. Dad and I will be out in the 68.

But if it was me I would pre-register as it saves you $5.

Doc, you going to put any cars in? ;)

Well, the Century was a big hit at the Zoo last year, so I think I outta change it up a bit. I've got this cute little car that I let some local yokel do a rattle-can paint job on ........ I figure that since it won best import and the CR club trophy at Motorhead Mayhem in August, it outta be good enough for the Zoo.

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/martyr65/PICT0030.jpg

A little bit of everything shows up--classic, old school muscle, low-rider, rods, custom, high-performance, kit cars, exotics, trucks, and so forth. It's designed to be a fun event. Although prizes and trophies are awarded, I don't recall seeing any judges. I think it's all pretty informal. The CR cars have included F-bodies, Mustangs from the last decade and some ricer cars. This year they are also allowing motorcycles.

So come join us :)

Well, the Century was a big hit at the Zoo last year, so I think I outta change it up a bit. I've got this cute little car that I let some local yokel do a rattle-can paint job on ........ I figure that since it won best import and the CR club trophy at Motorhead Mayhem in August, it outta be good enough for the Zoo.

Meh, It should be okay.

A little bit of everything shows up--classic, old school muscle, low-rider, rods, custom, high-performance, kit cars, exotics, trucks, and so forth. It's designed to be a fun event. Although prizes and trophies are awarded, I don't recall seeing any judges. I think it's all pretty informal. The CR cars have included F-bodies, Mustangs from the last decade and some ricer cars. This year they are also allowing motorcycles.

So come join us :)

I might just do that. Prob hang out at the zoo for a little while too. Let me know if were meeting before we enter.

Post up where you guys are gonna be.

Doc, I may text you Sunday to see where everyone is.

As I mentioned above, this is more fun if we get parked together, and the only way I know to do that is to go through the gate (Gate 13, off Riverside Dr.) together.

Different spots list different times for registration and for the show, but I purpose we do this:

Meet at the Starbucks at 9700 Sawmill Parkway, Powell, Ohio, at 8:30 a.m. Sunday. The Starbucks is on the southwest corner of the intersection of West Powell Road (SR 750) and Sawmill Parkway. This is about a mile or so east of the main gates of the Zoo.

Roll out together from Starburcks at 8:45 a.m. Note that you don't enter through the main admission gates.

I have been unable to pre-register today on the website, but I'm going to keep trying. Pre-registration costs $15. Registration is $20 at the gate. Your registration also admits up to 4 people in your car to the Zoo at no extra charge.

It looks like it'll be beautiful weather. I'd encourage you to bring the family to the Zoo even if your car is no show car ..... you'll have a hard time having this much entertainment (Zoo attractions plus car show) so cheaply. :)