LS1 F-Body Question

1qwk767

99 Formula 6spd TCS light is on, I searched LS1tech for tcs light issues, the most common one I read was the wheel speed sensor, that issue throws a TCS and ABS light, I was wandering if it was as simple as the tcs switch or something more complicated.

Another issue is the passenger side window motor works fine rolling the window down but trying to roll the window up it will go up halfway then stop and if I leave it alone for about 5-10 min it will roll up a tad bit and stop, How hard is the window motor to replace in one of those cars.

Traction control not working is usually a speed sensor or harness, I've had issues with the harness across the rear axle on mine. The window motor needs replaced, and everything is rivited together unless its been done before, you can take just the motor out if you make a couple small access holes to drill the rivits out, otherwise you have to take the whole regulator/motor assembly out. Have fun getting fiberglass out of your skin.

Thanks for the quick replies Carl and Scott.

Carl, I hooked my scanner up to the car and showed no code's at all.

Scott, when I go to replace the window motor how much would you charge to assist me in doing the window motor?

it's a cheapy obd2 code reader I bought from the store nothing special. I will see if I can get a hold of someone with a scan tool it's self and read it.

when the time to do the window motor comes I will get ahold of you

Have fun getting fiberglass out of your skin.

Oh god. I forgot about that. Right after I got my car, I had to replace both motors. My arms were scratched up and itched for several days. That was way worse than replacing the motors.

I'm not sure if it would help, but maybe go buy a pair of those dish washing gloves that will cover your arm to about 1/2 way up to your elbow.

Name: Mark

Vehicles: take your pick

Rep: http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif

Trader Rating: (4)

i have a feeling your more of a parts hanger than a tech. call me crazy.

This would be the right way to do it, mine are held together with little screws.

Same here. Haven't had a problem since I installed them.

Side note: The windows are still as slow as molasses when rolling up though. If I put them up one at a time, they are a little faster.

f body window motor job sucks

Really? I did mine in under an hour with a $45 Autozone special that worked great. It was years ago, found some write-up that had pics that had exactly where to drill. Wasn't a big deal at all - was actually easier than I anticipated.

This would be the right way to do it, mine are held together with little screws.

Mine were held in by screws until the nuts worked their way off. I used a dremel with a spiral saw blade and cut some access holes in the fiberglass. Then used a Harbor Freight pop rivet gun this time. From now on it will be easy to drill out the rivets and put new ones in.