New PB today 10/30

DKilbourne

I went to Kilkare today and actually had some good tires to run on. I borrowed some 27x11.5x15 Hoosiers and left the stock fronts on. The car is full interior with no weight reduction other than the solid axle swap. Rear end suspension is all stock parts from an '01 Bullit. Car went 11.25@123 with a 1.63 60' on the only pass they let me run with those tires. I had to run the nittos after that. I'm happy with the pass, but I think I may have lost some top end by switching something this week. Trap speed was slightly down when I ran on the drag radials and it seemed to have more of a richness cloud when hitting 3rd and 4th today, atleast that is what my friend told me.

Looks like with the planned tweaks this winter I might be able to have a 10 second eaton car that isn't gutted :)

By the way, anyone know of a quicker 03 Cobra eaton car in Ohio? I'm sure that there is one, but I was just curious.

good to hear Dave... my car always felt a little slower but went quicker on sticky tires.. that may be all you're feeling

Honestly, it felt fine. It's just that the 1/8th trap was up on all of the passes, two on drag radials, and down on the 1/4 trap. Last time out it was picking up 26-27.5 on the back half and yesterday it was picking up 23-25.

hmm you said you changed something.. what was it?

Went from a JLT ram air to a JLT cold air. Took the meter from under the hood to in the fenderwell. I think maybe the headwind didn't help either. Friends were saying that it was giving a nice black cloud on shifts. Must have richened it up a little bit. I have some plans for it this winter. A few for extra power and a few preventative measures. Need to get the torque boxes done and possibly a cage. I'm thinking I should do both and I need to take out the interior to do either one, so maybe both get done. Who knows?

Congrats!

It is usualy really loose on the big end running bias slicks and full sized radials on the front. Might i suggest a set of 325-50-15 drag radials

Thanks. Just need to get into the 10s next year and I'll be happy. The tires really weren't that bad. Honestly it was about the same as running my drag radials at 12lbs. I've run some bias plies with worn out sidewalls and those are all over the place. These were good. I barely noticed the sway. It was there, but not too bad at all.

Went from a JLT ram air to a JLT cold air. Took the meter from under the hood to in the fenderwell. I think maybe the headwind didn't help either. Friends were saying that it was giving a nice black cloud on shifts. Must have richened it up a little bit. I have some plans for it this winter. A few for extra power and a few preventative measures. Need to get the torque boxes done and possibly a cage. I'm thinking I should do both and I need to take out the interior to do either one, so maybe both get done. Who knows?

Moving the meter can make a big difference in WOT AFR, I've seen 10%+...