In this thread you will talk to me about...

Dr. Pomade

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't their sport package/performance package 335 the old twin turbo version though?

Ahh, you got me. After some searching you are right. The 335i is the N55 single turbo, the 335is keeps the old twin turbo engine. Both have the same power ratings.

...what car I should buy next. I have a 2005 Mercedes C230 as a daily driver. I'll be brief and say I've been less than thrilled with it. I'm thinking of getting a car in the same "class," but I'm not wedded to anything in particular. Here's some things to consider:

- I'll need it as a daily driver. Bonus points given to AWD cars.

- It can be a sedan (i.e., have four doors). Bonus points given to coupes (i.e., two doors).

- I'd like to have this car for four to six years. I'll put in the area of 20K miles on it per year. Bonus points given to cars with higher reliability.

- Don't worry about the price range. That being said, I'm not thinking about buying a Veyron as my daily driver.

Okay, go.

Tilley,

I just sold my 2005 C230k for my E55 AMG. Let me tell you its a pure joy. Speed, and comfort combined and It looks like pure sex. It will beat 90% of cars on the road and drive like its on air (because it is literally ;) ) what an amazing machine. Its crazy to think 5 years ago they had a sticker for 105k

Hey John, have you looked at an E63? I've had one for a couple years and have really liked it. Kind of the best of both worlds, good speed but luxury at the same time.

No, haven't looked at them (though I haven't really looked into anything seriously, and only casually checked out the BMW's a few weeks ago). They look great.

Buy a C6 and a beater subaru wrx for the winter.

I will be joining the Vette crew soon.....

I like your style, but I'm saving the Vette vs. * discussion for another thread, coming next summer. :cool:

CTS-V Coupe. Fuck AWD.

No, I'm really leaning toward AWD this go round. Don't need it - I've had no problem driving the C230 in terrible weather for years now - but I think I really want it.

Infinity G37x Coupe (AWD) is another one. My brother-in-law has a Sedan and it's a very nice car. No real competition for the S5, but it shouldn't be since it's $13k less. Much closer in price to the A5, but the G37 has 120 more HP, which in turn only has 25hp less than the S5. Probably worth a drive.

911s come in AWD. CTS coupes also come in AWD.

Jesse, I looked into the Infinity. I liked it, though aesthetically I'm more inclined to go with the BMW/Audi/Benz.

Also, I've contemplated a 911, but I'm already kind of a douche, and me driving a 911 might be too much douchiness for the universe to handle. :)

Points to ponder on the S5, as I'm not sure when you plan to purchase, or if you'd go new/ used/ cpo.

All S5 Coupe's (to date) have the 4.2 FSI V8 and either a 6 Speed Man Or 6 Speed Auto.

S5 Cabrio's as of 2011 (I think) get the new 3.0T (supercharged V6) and the option of the 7 speed DSG (S-Tronic).

The general though is that starting with 2012 MY all S5's will have the 3.0T.

The 3.0T will beat the 4.2 V8 in just about everything (stock) except sound. With mods, it's embarrassing for the V8. That being said, theres no replacement for the intoxicating sound of the 4.2 at WOT whilst cruising in your sexy coupe.

I'll go used unless Audi offers some kind of sensational deal for buying new.

Actually, I think I'd be fine without the tint, etc. Not to say it's not nice looking, but I'd be completely content without it. That car in the pic I quoted previously looks perfect. It looks like it's stock minus being debadged somewhat? Also, I don't like a lot of tint on my daily driver. Not sure why, just don't.