In this thread you will talk to me about...

Dr. Pomade

...what car I should buy next. I have a 2005 Mercedes C230 as a daily driver. I'll be brief and say I've been less than thrilled with it. I'm thinking of getting a car in the same "class," but I'm not wedded to anything in particular. Here's some things to consider:

- I'll need it as a daily driver. Bonus points given to AWD cars.

- It can be a sedan (i.e., have four doors). Bonus points given to coupes (i.e., two doors).

- I'd like to have this car for four to six years. I'll put in the area of 20K miles on it per year. Bonus points given to cars with higher reliability.

- Don't worry about the price range. That being said, I'm not thinking about buying a Veyron as my daily driver.

Okay, go.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Audi S5.

http://images.thetruthaboutcars.com/2010/09/s5grn-527x350.jpg

Do this in a custom paint color. For something like $1.xk you can get any color currently in their catalog, and $2.xk you can get ANY color you want. A chance to do something really unique. You don't have to do something as unique as this, but why do a stock paint color when you can do anything you want.

Infinity G37x Coupe (AWD) is another one. My brother-in-law has a Sedan and it's a very nice car. No real competition for the S5, but it shouldn't be since it's $13k less. Much closer in price to the A5, but the G37 has 120 more HP, which in turn only has 25hp less than the S5. Probably worth a drive.

911s come in AWD. CTS coupes also come in AWD.

Edited by Trouble Maker

Points to ponder on the S5, as I'm not sure when you plan to purchase, or if you'd go new/ used/ cpo.

All S5 Coupe's (to date) have the 4.2 FSI V8 and either a 6 Speed Man Or 6 Speed Auto.

S5 Cabrio's as of 2011 (I think) get the new 3.0T (supercharged V6) and the option of the 7 speed DSG (S-Tronic).

The general though is that starting with 2012 MY all S5's will have the 3.0T.

The 3.0T will beat the 4.2 V8 in just about everything (stock) except sound. With mods, it's embarrassing for the V8. That being said, theres no replacement for the intoxicating sound of the 4.2 at WOT whilst cruising in your sexy coupe.

S5 is fucking hot...BUUUUTTT

I would go with an S4 because it has the 3.0T (supercharged v6). Same car, but has 2 more doors. Exhaust and chip = 360awhp.

My next car will either be a B7 RS4 or B8 S4.

You driven the B8 S4 yet ? Simply stunning!

Sport Diff & Rain = FUNNNN

Yup.

And you are gay still.

I hate you.

S5 is fucking hot...BUUUUTTT

I would go with an S4 because it has the 3.0T (supercharged v6). Same car, but has 2 more doors. Exhaust and chip = 360awhp.

My next car will either be a B7 RS4 or B8 S4.

RS4 for looks

S4 for everything else

That would be a horrible choice to make, I would have to read up on the reliability of the 420hp 4.2. If it was good, I would go RS4. Love them. Not a big fan of the B8 style.

Points to ponder on the S5, as I'm not sure when you plan to purchase, or if you'd go new/ used/ cpo.

All S5 Coupe's (to date) have the 4.2 FSI V8 and either a 6 Speed Man Or 6 Speed Auto.

S5 Cabrio's as of 2011 (I think) get the new 3.0T (supercharged V6) and the option of the 7 speed DSG (S-Tronic).

The general though is that starting with 2012 MY all S5's will have the 3.0T.

The 3.0T will beat the 4.2 V8 in just about everything (stock) except sound. With mods, it's embarrassing for the V8. That being said, theres no replacement for the intoxicating sound of the 4.2 at WOT whilst cruising in your sexy coupe.

Listen to CR's Audi-phile. And everyone else recommending the S5. :lol:

(And yes, they are doing away with the V8 after 2011).