What to look for Blu-ray burner, burner, burner

wnaplay1647545503

jason come in to best buy i can help you.

the main different in price are some have "built" in wifi to stream netflix ect an some say wifi ready.(wifi ready means its ready to have wifi IF you buy the 80$ adapter to make it good).

it comes out cheaper to buy one wifi built in then one thats ready. for example

top of the line sony s570 is on sale for 139 has built in wifi ect. the lower model to that one the s470 is wifi ready an is only 134... spend the extra 5 bucks and get a good player.

i recommed the sony s 570 an the samsung 6500

Bluray media is still expensive as hell. I would hold off for a while unless you have a cheap source of disks.

Again, you have no idea what you are talking about. Just ordered another 25 cake pack for $24.99 off of NewEgg (free shipping) a couple weeks ago; single layer BD-R. I was buying them at about $2.40/disc over a year ago.

As far as Blu-ray burners go, I have a LG 8x, it's the BH08LS20. They have a 10x and probably higher than that out now. It has worked great on everything except some real junk media I bought a year ago, but I think it can even do that with the Firmware updates that were put out several months ago.

I believe mine can also burn LTH discs. They are "supposed" to be cheaper to make, and therefore purchase, but so far that hasn't been the case. They are also not compatiable with all Blu-ray players.

I personally haven't messed with any other burners other than my own, but I have had my LG for almost 2 years, have burned a couple hundred Blu-ray discs with it (and a number of DVD's as well).

lolwut

I was thinking the same thing.

"dl movies through netflix and watch them in bluray"

Umm, no.

- Downloading would be in reference to grabbing the material, saving it to be able to use it later on. Netflix does streaming, not downloading.

- Blu-ray is a disc media. This media, when most commonly used in a movie-format, uses a UDF 2.5 filesystem with specific rules on file structures, movie container files (.m2ts files contain the film content), etc.

- Netflix streams video using a VC-1 format, which is about the only commonality to Blu-ray films, which typically use either h.264 or VC-1 format (split is about 50/50 in my experience). The quality isn't Blu-ray, and in no way could ever be. Blu-ray main movie files, on a typical newer 1.5 hour film, tend to be at least 30GB with even the HD audio stripped out. To stream 30GB in 1.5 hours, it would require a constant bandwidth of 45Mb/second. No ISP around here offers anything close to that. And though there are some in the nation that do, and they eventually will here, Netflix servers and connections could never handle that kind of bandwidth from its large user base.

Instead, Netflix is of varying quality, ranging from nearly unwatchable, You-tube quality videos up to near HD quality videos. Most are in the DVD quality range, and it varies from content to content. Your quality will vary depending on your ISP speed as well.

Again, you have no idea what you are talking about. Just ordered another 25 cake pack for $24.99 off of NewEgg (free shipping) a couple weeks ago; single layer BD-R. I was buying them at about $2.40/disc over a year ago.

Again I have no idea what I am talking about? When did I have no idea the first time?

The only disc I see for that price on newegg comes from some off-brand that probably has the read/write reliability of a dead cat. Reviews are all saying they work, but plenty of people mentioning the surfaces on the disk being uneven and thin. This is fucking bad. Drives will not write be able to write properly to an uneven disc surface, period. Even if your program says burn successful, do a MD5 checksum and I can almost guarantee you will come across errors with low quality cheap disc.

Again I have no idea what I am talking about? When did I have no idea the first time?

This thread: http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87169

"Back up games? Not likely."

You do realize there are a number of ways to play backed up games on a Wii, right? And they have been available for years. I've been sporting my D2PRO mod chip for a couple years now - just did all the Wii updates a couple weeks ago, no brick even now.

The only disc I see for that price on newegg comes from some off-brand that probably has the read/write reliability of a dead cat. Reviews are all saying they work, but plenty of people mentioning the surfaces on the disk being uneven and thin. This is fucking bad. Drives will not write be able to write properly to an uneven disc surface, period. Even if your program says burn successful, do a MD5 checksum and I can almost guarantee you will come across errors with low quality cheap disc.

I've used several BD-R's with great success. Memorex was the deal to have when I first started burning. Ridata was next, which is what I used for a long time. I'm now using Optical Quantom discs. No coasters, and have never had any issues with freezing, breaking up, playback, etc. on anything I've burned, nor any data corruption issues. And I burn a lot of discs.

But to FURTHER prove my point, I just did a MD5 Checksum on a burn I just did this evening. Number of errors: 0. Oh, did I mention these discs are rated for 4x burning and I burned them @ 8x. :)

Buy Verbatims don't buy anything else. I have Verbatim CD-Rs from 10 years ago that still work. They are far from junk media.

Verbatims are great discs - but there are plenty of cheap brands that work great as well. I've been burning my el' cheapo Dynex DVD -R's for years (bought in bulk @ .08/disc), and they work great.

Is there cheap media out there that doesn't burn, or burn well? Yes, and I've messed with some of it. But there is plenty of cheap media that works very well.