ok in spring what mods to 01 camaro? exh lid

Mattsv8

hey guys i want the camaro to sound like a v8 and maybe get a little better mileage. can i get long tubes x pipe or h pipe and exh and still get mileage with the better power. also is the lid worth the money? thanks guys. thats about all i want to do to it other than enjoy. i was looking a dougs headers and maybe magnaflow exh. what is the best as far as uve liked and installed.

Magnaflow is best bang for your buck stainless exhaust. I have been very happy with mine so far and like the tone of the exhaust. Longtubes I would say stick with what works, Pacesetter on the cheaper end or the $$ Kooks or American racing.

You should go hang out on LS1tech tons of good reads on there in the stickies that will give you all the info you need.

Lid is definitely worth the money. Longtubes, ORY, electric cutout. Cheap and very effective.

I love my car and it only has bolt-on's, tune, and a shifter. One of these days when I have money, I'll be getting subframe connectors and struts/springs/LCA's/panhard/etc.

Magnaflow is best bang for your buck stainless exhaust. I have been very happy with mine so far and like the tone of the exhaust. Longtubes I would say stick with what works, Pacesetter on the cheaper end or the $$ Kooks or American racing.

You should go hang out on LS1tech tons of good reads on there in the stickies that will give you all the info you need.

This is pretty much my opinion, I've had the SLP loudmouth, flowmaster, and Magnaflow all on my car at differnet points. I put the Magnaflow on Wagner's car with no other mods and it wasn't much louder then stock at all, with headers his car has a noticable sound. My car currently has a Magnaflow on it and with a cam and headers it has a nice tone, mildly loud, sounds good when in the gas. SLP wasn't really too loud until I had the headers and cam in it, but at that point it's just ridiculas. I think the Borla on Chad's car sounds good, but not enough to buy it.

I think the lid is subjective, didn't notice much, a little more sucking sound. A good difference with more mods. LS1s love a free flowing exhaust so a nice set of longtubes (shorties don't flow more then the manifolds), good y-pipe, and a catback of your choosing will go a long way. At that point short of a tune the car will need something other then basic bolt-ons to make it worth the money spent in my opinion.

Tie the frame, it made a huge difference in how well the car feels.

- A GOOD set of subframe connectors is a must. I really like the Kenny Bell SFC's on my buddy's 96 SS. I have the SLP's, and they are uber beefy, but a little too heavy IMO.

- Full exhaust - good long tubes to 4" Y-pipe to 4 inch catback. Check out the stuff from Mufflex: http://www.mufflex-performance.com/fbody_7.html

- Cam. Those cars respond too damn well to a cam upgrade; you can get something that will really wake the car up without sacrificing fuel mileage

- Lid. IIRC, 01-02 cars came with the LS6 intake, so you should be good there unless you want to go to a big cam/heads/etc.

If you want to go further into the suspension, a torque arm and LCA's would be my next move. If you want to put some wider tires on, I'd suggest a cheap adjustable panhard rod. I personally would look at all of BMR Fabrication's stuff - top notch at reasonable prices. I'd go with a Spohn torque arm though. If you got a little spare change, buy a cheapo shock tower brace as well - you can find the used on the cheap.

Make sure you to all of the free mods and a 160 thermostat. When you do a lid make sure you put a smooth bellow on the car as well. Porting the TB does makes a difference and so does doing the TB bypass.

I recommend keeping the stock catback on the car and doing long tubes, ORY and cutout.

waht is the ory?

cool the recomendations arent far off from what i was thinking. do the dougs headers fit well. ive noticed the dougs only use 3/8 flanges and 16 ga metal. i know hedman is 18 and hooker super comps are 16, and i think for these cars the flanges on super comps are 5/16th. but it may only be like that for 3rd gens. u guys look for 1 7/8th tubes to 3" or 1 3/4. it has stock everything but may somtime get diff heads or port work. so id like to get only one set of headers.

i have a spohn tq arm im trying to sell that i got for the third gen, wont fit 4th gen.

and i have a spohn adj panhard bar wich does fit.

what springs would lower the car a little and give a nicer look but not a stupid harsh ride.

Eibach sportlines. And with the headers, go stainless. Top of the food chain:Kooks, Stainless Works, or QTP. As nice as your car is, I wouldn't put junk headers on it. If you aren't going crazy with power, skip dumping a bunch of money in the suspension, and box the LCAs with some flat stock. That will clear up most of your wheel hop issues.

Eibach sportlines. And with the headers, go stainless. Top of the food chain:Kooks, Stainless Works, or QTP. As nice as your car is, I wouldn't put junk headers on it. If you aren't going crazy with power, skip dumping a bunch of money in the suspension, and box the LCAs with some flat stock. That will clear up most of your wheel hop issues.

+1

im shure one day ill be testing the limits of the t56, but for now i just wana enjoy the car w a lil better sound.

so im seeing like this

1 stainless headers

2 stainless off road y pipe

3 stainless exh system 3" min

4 lid

5 smoth bellows

6 k&n filter

7 all free mods

8 subframe connectors what is the best fit and allows the most header exh options

9 eibach sportlines

waht is the ory?

cool the recomendations arent far off from what i was thinking. do the dougs headers fit well. ive noticed the dougs only use 3/8 flanges and 16 ga metal. i know hedman is 18 and hooker super comps are 16, and i think for these cars the flanges on super comps are 5/16th. but it may only be like that for 3rd gens. u guys look for 1 7/8th tubes to 3" or 1 3/4. it has stock everything but may somtime get diff heads or port work. so id like to get only one set of headers.

ORY = Off Road Y

I would not get any headers smaller than 1 7/8ths for the lsx cars. I wish they were around when I bought my long tubes because know I have to rebuy them.

I would also look into getting a shifter that has stops in it. I love my Pro 5.0 there was not much differance over my stock Hurst short shifter. I just wanted stops built in.

Get coilovers for the car not eibach springs, I have Strange coilovers on my car and they can go from very firm to super lose just turning a knob. I put UMI subframes on my car because of the triangle design and for everything else BMR.

You may also want to get an underdrive pullie.