WTB or Repair your broken Laptops

Guest Spam

Looking for some newish laptops that work or dont work that either you dont want anymore or want to get repaired. Prices are fair if i buy based on condition or if you want them repaired, all repairs are flat rated. Let me know what you have. Please post model numbers so i can research them and what is wrong with them. Thanks guys.

James

HP Pavilion zv5000

Won't load right, when you turn it on it starts loading windows and then right before the password sign in screen it goes to a blue screen for a second then just reboots. Haven't looked at it/know nothing about them.

Make me an offer.

Toshiba Satellite L305D

Receiving 0xc00000e9 error which I believe is due to the cd-rom being f'd up. Due to this, the laptop won't boot up.

I can fix this more than likely. Or do you want to sell it? Which model 305d. Specs? Anything else wrong?

IBM R50 Thinkpad

Wont boot unless you flex case and hold it- just like the Tseries- likely a graphics chip solder issue- can you reflow boards? let me know as I would like to fix it or get some money for my next pc.

I would have to take it apart to find out if its a gpu issue or not. The laptop should still boot even though not gpu is present if it was a solder issue. I could take it apart and let you know from there. :)

I can fix this more than likely. Or do you want to sell it? Which model 305d. Specs? Anything else wrong?

I just need to fix it. Nope, nothing else is wrong with it. Have a ton of pictures and videos saved on it that I really want to try and save.

specs - http://www.walmart.com/ip/Toshiba-Satellite-L305D-S5900-15-4-Inch/10379513

Cool. Pm me and we can work something out. Im out in westerville a lot so i wont be far from you. I would back everything up first and repair the computer from there. Whatever it needs.

Anyone with a cracked or broken lcd? I can fix it.

Also looking for good to decent condition macbook/MBP with good logic boards. I want one for personal use. Anyone have one?

I just need to fix it. Nope, nothing else is wrong with it. Have a ton of pictures and videos saved on it that I really want to try and save.

If it's just the pics and vids you want get an external hard drive enclosure from Micro Center for $10. You can usually remove the HD from the laptop with a few screws, put it in the external enclosure and connect it to your new computer/laptop (usually by USB). Works just like you are connecting a USB drive.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
You can usually remove the HD from the laptop with a few screws, put it in the external enclosure and connect it to your new computer/laptop (usually by USB). Works just like you are connecting a USB drive.

I did this, but when I connect it to my desktop via USB, it asks me to format the drive.

Anything I can do to recover files still?

Toshiba Satellite L305D

Receiving 0xc00000e9 error which I believe is due to the cd-rom being f'd up. Due to this, the laptop won't boot up.

I did this, but when I connect it to my desktop via USB, it asks me to format the drive.

You can try skipping the loading of the cd drive or at least change the order your computer loads in the BIOS.

Also, if you have an external hard drive and it's not formatted, it'll need to be before you can use it.

You can try skipping the loading of the cd drive or at least change the order your computer loads in the BIOS.

Also, if you have an external hard drive and it's not formatted, it'll need to be before you can use it.

usually when you slave it, you can just go into it like an external unless its got drive encryption

HP dm3 1040us. Altec Lansing speakers one stopped working then the other about two weeks later. Pretty sure its a hardware problem like a loose connection or something. External usb speakers work fine just the internals don't work.

There are programs you can use to try to recover the files. If it is asking to format the drive when you hook it up either the master boot record (MBR) is bad or your physical platters in the hard drive are bad. Editing a MBR can be done. This briefly explains it at the bottom http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_boot_record

If that doesn't work I have some recovery programs you can to rip out the data. But on USB it is going to take a long time. If you try dumping all the data you are looking at at least a day depending on the size of it. :(