Young/fun places to live

C-Mart

Just graduated and accepted an offer from a company in Columbus. Looking for a fun place to live where people still go out and party. I was looking into the OSU area and Italian Village because it seems reasonably priced.

Obviously arena and downtown would be ideal, but most likely out of my current price range.

Are there specific complexes or areas I am forgetting?

Olentangy commons or the Quarry. Otherwise down town.

Cannot be beat with a stick. Scenery, (hot) girls/women, amenities, 10min from downtown. Only thing to watch out for is Grandview po-po on your way home from teh bars.

Grandview, short north, german village.

The quarry is cool, so is the meridian. I lived in the meridian as my first place when i moved down here for work. loved it.

Look on craigslist and metro-rentals.com

Alot of downtown lofts are now for rent because no one is buying them.

what is your budget? I paid 750.00 month at the meridian. its closer to downtown than the quarry ad has just as much "Scenery"

BTW, actually, be careful of the Quarry and maybe the meridian... MY next door neighbors partied all the time and kept me up.

You're going to find that at any "hip" Apartment complex though - Olentangy Commons is/was HORRIBLE in regards to that aspect. I believe The Quarry has private security on-call 24/7 for noise disturbances.

http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/OH-Columbus-The-Quarry.html

http://www.apartmentreviews.net/ratings/ohio/columbus/the-meridian.htm

Im looking to spend ~500

I can spend more, but cheaper = loans payed off faster so I would be able to deal.

Once these loans are gone I'm planning on buying a loft in the city.

And I dont mind if my neighbors party... I can sleep through anything and I love partying...

500 wont get you near downtown... google a company called KRG rentals...they have some things around 550-650 in the grandview area.

Buyign a loft in the city? I thought i was going to do that as well but after I looked at almost every single one i decided not to. not quite worth the prices. BUT, if you are dead set... check out the eclexction on front street. If you have any loft questions fee lfree to ask. I've looked at all of them.

500 wont get you near downtown... google a company called KRG rentals...they have some things around 550-650 in the grandview area.

Buyign a loft in the city? I thought i was going to do that as well but after I looked at almost every single one i decided not to. not quite worth the prices. BUT, if you are dead set... check out the eclexction on front street. If you have any loft questions fee lfree to ask. I've looked at all of them.

Well I have a buddy moving to Columbus around the same time I am. So I figured ~500 each could get something decent. (Probably should have stated that from the beginning.)

I will definitely let you know when I start looking. I have a friend who got a nice loft a few years ago and was surprised at what he got for the money so that is what put the thought in my head.

And thank you for all the suggestions. I've lived in Columbus the past two summers, but never looked for a long term place like this.

Yeah, lofts are hit or miss. if you dont mind living on the ghetto border the East rich street lofts are amazing bang for the buck. We looked at one that was like 1600 Sq feet for like 170K... sick! The buggyworks are totally overrated. 350K for 1100sq feet? no thanks..... this isnt Chicago.

1000 wit ha roomate is very doable anywhere really.. You can get a great place in the quarry for that much for 2-3 ppl.

Yeah, lofts are hit or miss. if you dont mind living on the ghetto border the East rich street lofts are amazing bang for the buck. We looked at one that was like 1600 Sq feet for like 170K... sick! The buggyworks are totally overrated. 350K for 1100sq feet? no thanks..... this isnt Chicago.

1000 wit ha roomate is very doable anywhere really.. You can get a great place in the quarry for that much for 2-3 ppl.

Yeah I may be comparing them too much to NYC/Chicago (pricewise), but I really like modern look/feel.

And if everything goes to plan I should have a warehouse for storage/building cars so that part of it is not a problem.

I'm looking forward to coming out though. Shouldn't have a monster car for a while, but Ill be picking up a bike as my first purchase so Ill come to some meets.