Another exhaust question

Sam1647545489

Does the water have to cycle through the exhaust. If I were to say to put a set of normal headers on the motor and wrapped a copper tube around them with water flowing through them to cool them, would that work. I wanna eliminate the risers and the heavy manifolds this summer and am trying to get a few ideas. Am I understanding the cooling system correctly? The water comes from the outdrive water pump that pumps it to the water pump on the motor which thus pumps it to the motor to cool it and then to bottom of the manifolds and to the top of the risers to cool them before exiting the exhaust pipes. Is that correct. If so then I can make a cooling system for the exhaust and eliminate alot of stuff off the motor.

If you can make it efficient, then yes. The pipes would stay cooler though if you plumbed each one with a tap for water. Basically they would look like eight EGT's

If my understanding of how marine exhaust work that would do the trick. I don't think the manifolds are double jacketed.