HID Law in Ohio??

miahwood28

Does anyone know of any HID law in the state of Ohio?? I called my local state highway patrol office and they weren't much help with my questions. I want to buy an HID conversion kit but don't know how bright to go without getting pulled over for them being too bright. As you know they are sold from 3000k up to 12000k and I like them starting around the 8000k range because they have a blueish tint to them. Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated. I searched the forum but didn't find anything pertaining to HID kits and the laws.

stick with white, in a proper setup (projection housings, or a retrofit) the blues, purples, etc are rice. you cant see as well as white hid's and youll draw unnecessary attention (mainly from law enforcement). projector housings are important for good light spread and cutoff, so you dont blind other drivers, and you get the most usable light output.

legal or not I wanna punch you little honda fags in the face when you blind my ass with your duct tape and zip tie bullshit headlights driving by me

+1 just noticed he drives an integra. @op. ignore my previous post. buy the cheapest shit you can on ebay, put it together with zipties and bubble gum and be a ricer faggot. oh, and buy an ebay turbo and run it without a tune.

Generally speaking if the vehicle did not come with HID's from the factory, you can't install them.

Not that I've ever heard of people getting pulled over with proper projector conversions.

Just don't be like Paul the ricer and shove them in your stock housings, causing the light to exit at 2500 different angles.

3000k will be yellow, 8000k will be almost purple. Stick with 4300k or 6000k for optimal light output and reasonable color temperature; the 6000 should have the blue-ish tint you're looking for. If you have a last gen Integra, the factory projectors should keep the light relatively well contained, at least better than most halogen reflector lenses do. If you get issues with people flashing you after you install them, aim them down slightly. As long as they aren't obnoxious you likely won't have an issue with the police. FYI 8000k is generally obnoxious.

As far as options for "legal" HID setups, forget it. They're way more than you'd want to spend.

You said you don't know how bright you want to go but I hope you realize that the bulb temperature (8000k etc) does NOT relate to how bright it is, just the color of the light output.

Most factory HID units are 4300 to 4500k which is a pure white out put. The higher the temp the more blue the light, the more annoying, and actually....the less light output (measured in Lumens).

IMO anything over 5500k - 6000k is ricey. I just got a set of 4500k on my quad and its awesome.

Does anyone know of any HID law in the state of Ohio?? I called my local state highway patrol office and they weren't much help with my questions. I want to buy an HID conversion kit but don't know how bright to go without getting pulled over for them being too bright. As you know they are sold from 3000k up to 12000k and I like them starting around the 8000k range because they have a blueish tint to them. Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated. I searched the forum but didn't find anything pertaining to HID kits and the laws.

Anything higher than 4,300k white is a waste of visible light and dumb. You'll get pulled over for anything blue/purple and green, etc. not just by the cops but by me for being stupid.

Anything higher than 4,300k white is a waste of visible light and dumb. You'll get pulled over for anything blue/purple and green, etc. not just by the cops but by me for being stupid.

Most of the conversion sights I read suggested 6000k for 35w or 8000k for 55w. That is what I went with in my factory Integra housings. They look amazing, I feel like I can see forever and I have yet to get pulled over or flashed for my low beams. Best $120 I have spent on the car.

Most of the conversion sights I read suggested 6000k for 35w or 8000k for 55w. That is what I went with in my factory Integra housings. They look amazing, I feel like I can see forever and I have yet to get pulled over or flashed for my low beams. Best $120 I have spent on the car.

I work in the optical industry. Most people don't know what they don't know when it comes to diminishing vision and more often with vision at night. You're deceiving yourself if you think 8000k offers better visibility than 4300k. It's actually about 20% less light at fully warmed output. Higher color temperatures emit fewer lumens.

I work in the optical industry. Most people don't know what they don't know when it comes to diminishing vision and more often with vision at night. You're deceiving yourself if you think 8000k offers better visibility than 4300k. It's actually about 20% less light at fully warmed output. Higher color temperatures emit fewer lumens.

At the higher wattage 8000k looks almost identical to the 6000k. I am not saying that it puts out more light. I am just saying that with the bit of research I did most companies recommended those kelvin ratings. I am also much happier with them then the factory lights. Maybe next time I will try 4300k.

At the higher wattage 8000k looks almost identical to the 6000k. I am not saying that it puts out more light. I am just saying that with the bit of research I did most companies recommended those kelvin ratings. I am also much happier with them then the factory lights. Maybe next time I will try 4300k.

and I wasn't slamming you. as noted, most don't realize the real impact of wavelengths.

do you wear glasses? if so, stick with clear lenses and make sure you get the Anti Reflective Coating on them. aka AR Coating. If you do not wear corrective spectacles to improve your vision, do not wear anything at night. Just clean your windshield.