can you sue a company for continuing to email you?

evan9381

long story short, i keep getting emails from H&R block. of course it started back up in december-ish right as the year is wrapping up, i've done the "unsubscribe from future emails" multiple times, and i finally got so sick of seeing them that i called the customer service number (have it documented) and told them i wanted all future emails/calls/mailings/etc to stop. once again, today i get another email. at this point its just pissing me off. its not hard to delete them, but the fact ive done enough to stop getting these and still get them is infuriating me.

so can i somehow attempt to sue them so maybe they'll finally get the idea? if so, how would i go about this?

is clicking a delete button hard? More hassle then what its worth, been told by numerous people when I was on the phone at chase if we emailed them one more time they would sue....I said sure go right ahead and try. Too bad chase has a non arbitration agreement with all who bank with them. so they cant sue ;) I would tell them that and just piss them off more lol

Dude, you work in collections...How do people stop you from contacting them?

(Hint:Cease and Desist)

:)

Well, not working in the business now, but I get what you're saying ...i guess since ive already spoken with them and told them not to contact me any longer (verbal c&d) and they've already agreed not to (confirmation...got her name and documented when i spoke to her), if I have any recourse for them continuing to contact me.

But kevin and jeff...its not that its hard to delete or ignore them, its just annoying as fuck.

You can sue anyone for anything in Ohio. If you want to go that route just go file a small claims suit. They will be served and it either gets mediated or you see a judge. However before doing this I will send a certified letter stating that you would like them to stop and you are willing persue legal action if it continues. You get confirmation that they were notified by sending a certified letter which they cannot deny. Chances are they might not even have anyone show up in court and you win by default, but something tells me they have enough council that someone will be there. Your best bet is to document document document times, days and everything where you have been both harrassed and whatever attempts you have made to stop them. You dont need to pay a lawyer to send out the very same letter you can.

But kevin and jeff...its not that its hard to delete or ignore them, its just annoying as fuck.

If you add it as spam, it ceases to be annoying and automatically goes into the spam folder. That previous sentence is an exact quote from the meeting where they invented the spam folder.

I think you'd have a case if the spam filter hadn't been invented. Its quite simple and effective and had you used it awhile back when you saw they were gonna keep sending you stuff you wouldn't be here talking about it.

I think you'd have a case if the spam filter hadn't been invented. Its quite simple and effective and had you used it awhile back when you saw they were gonna keep sending you stuff you wouldn't be here talking about it.

That is a retarded idea.

Sue the fuck out of them.

you could try to sue them, but chances are shit would just get dragged out in court, costing you a fortune. probably not worth it. im sure if you talked to a lawyer, they could come up with a solution such as a letter or a meeting to get them to stop.