In case you havent heard....

Exodus

The bird is in fact the word.

Actually for anyone looking for new service and a decent phone T-mobile is offering all phones for free this weekend with contract. Including the smartphones.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/07/t-mobile-offering-all-phones-for-free-on-contract-this-weekend/

• Upvote 1

tmobile sucks. i owe them around $1300. they overcharged me on a bill, i shut down service, apparently they have the right to charge you up to 6 extra months worth of service charges after cancellation.

Wow, never heard of that. I got the mytouch 4g a few months ago and haven't had any issues with service, bills, or reliability on their network.

i got fucked on a bill, shut down my service, and they charged me for 6 months after i cut the contract. is it that hard to read it the first time? :gtfo::asshole:

I am positive there is more to the story that you are either leaving our, or more likely, simply don't understand. I would bet good money all of this is your fault. You know, like not reading/understand the contract you signed.

i got fucked on a bill, shut down my service, and they charged me for 6 months after i cut the contract. is it that hard to read it the first time? :gtfo::asshole:

No they charge $400 for early cancellation of service. That means you had a $900 bill how did you manage that?

Guest 614Streets
I just left tmobile for boost mobile . 60 bucks a month unlimited web , messages , nationwide. after 3 months each month is 5 bucks less all the way down to 45 a month. no hidden fees. END thread. (unless you live in bfe or travel alot)

Let me explain this a little more clearly for you guys. I had a T-mobile plan that was basically unlimited everything except for texting. The cost was almost 100 a month after taxes( a few years ago). I randomly got a bill that was over $300 because of some random text messages on my bill to Russia, the middle east, etc.. I dont know one single person in Russia, so there's no way i would be texting Russia, and its not like anyone stole my phone and magically started texting Russia from it either because it was always locked. I went in to talk to CSR's to dispute charges, they said it would be a $400 cancellation fee. At the time, part was an end of contract fee, I believe around 250, and they wanted to charge me extra for a phone since I just upgraded. I told them they can go to hell anyway, they can send the shit to collections and I'll pay it off a dollar a month or they can send me a settlement. 6 months later they finally send it off to collections with an additional $600 in charges. I was PISSED. I went in the store, talked to the manager, and he kindly showed me where in fine print in their contract it clearly states that if you are within (i think) the first 6 months of a new or renewed contract, they can charge you up to 6 months in additional service charges EVEN AFTER YOU CANCEL THE CONTRACT. I don't know if their contract is still this way, but thats how it was. at the time I googled it, and other people were complaining of the same issue about t mobile contracts being shady. bottom line is if you sign a contract, read that shit thoroughly. If you guys still refuse to believe cell phone companies put shady shit in their contracts, read a contract for Revol.

T-Mobile has awesome customer service. I've had them for years, and no complaints except...

This is true.

yes, i totally agree with this. ive been preaching this for 2 years

Oh and thank you noleafclover for making this thread. Looks like it's the perfect time to upgrade from my G1

haha yeah i just got rid of mine. had it since december of 2009 when they first came out haha. just sold it for 75$ to some lady

theres a reason i just left t-mobile. have fun with your lack of service outside of 270

I get service everywhere I go even Cooperdale (google map it) while Verizon and AT&T don't.

Their coverage has expanded by leaps and bounds over the past few years

Their coverage has expanded by leaps and bounds over the past few years

Definitely. It does seem to improve every year, but still has very limited coverage out in the country. When I'm driving through areas like Bellefontaine, Mansfield, Portsmouth, etc. I rarely have any coverage whatsoever.

In other news, I just got a G2 for free, and this thing is sweet! Thanks again noleafclover

Definitely. It does seem to improve every year, but still has very limited coverage out in the country. When I'm driving through areas like Bellefontaine, Mansfield, Portsmouth, etc. I rarely have any coverage whatsoever.

In other news, I just got a G2 for free, and this thing is sweet! Thanks again noleafclover

Thanks man, I really like my mytouch 4g, the only place I don't get service is inside shisha lounge on cam pus, but I can call and text over wifi no problem. I travel outside of 270 and to and from cincy all the time and have no issues. All im waiting on now is the gingerbread rom for the mytouch :)

Yeah I have had problems north of Bellefontaine, but none near Mansfield or Portsmouth....