Best Steak...

nurkvinny

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im gonna have to put a vote in for Ocean Club in Easton. Its a Cameron Mitchel restaurant.

My Favorite meal ever and I get this every single time I go is as follows.

Jumbo shrimp saute.

Caesar salad

10oz filet with blue cheese crust.

Jalapeno potatoes.

As many Mojitos I can get down while im there.

The filet with blue cheese crust is AMAZING! You could almost eat it with just a fork.

The best steak house in columbus USED to be Mortons. Too bad they closed a few years back :(

IMO, Ruths Chris is the best.

Just had ocean club filet this past weekend, it was ok but nothing special.

The absolute best steak I've had would be a tie between one at the Prime steakhouse at the bellagio or the SW steakhouse at the Wynn.. both in vegas

For $30 and a beer I'll cook you the best kick ass porterhouse or ribeye in the neighborhood.

I can wait for slightly warmer weather so I can get my pansy ass outside to grill one up.

The best steak I had last year is when I cut out of work early, came home for lunch and grilled up a 16oz Ribeye and had two beers in complete silence on my deck. No kids, no wife, just steak and beer. :cool:

Thats why i love my indoor grill

For $30 and a beer I'll cook you the best kick ass porterhouse or ribeye in the neighborhood.

I can wait for slightly warmer weather so I can get my pansy ass outside to grill one up.

You better hope I don't smell that at my house. I will absolutely come running over! :D

As for the best steak in Columbus, I have searched a long time for this. The best I have had is at Ruths Chris. It is called the Porterhouse for 2. It is like 40-50 ounces of pure awesomeness. You will pay for it, it is like 90 dollars. If you consider it is 2 steaks in one though, that makes it 45 per. The extra money over regular is WAY worth it.

I usually have it a couple times a year, and I turn it into the Porterhouse for 1.

I'm not a steak expert by any means but I've eaten at almost all of these places so I'll weigh in:

Ruth's Chris: Very good steaks, horrible atmosphere. They cram you in and its so dark you can't see the cans on the date of the guy 2 feet away from you.

Mitchell's: Owned by Ruth's Chris now, so their steaks are just as good an the atmosphere is way better. Very good wine list, and all the chefs at the Polaris location are excellent. Cannot comment on the Downtown location but I assume its more of the same.

Hyde Park: Awesome. Just go there if you don't want to weigh your options

Ocean Club: Who goes to a seafood restaurant for steak? I will say that last time I went there I ordered the Ahi tuna raw/rare and it was INCREDIBLE. Best raw tuna I've had since I was in the Virgin Islands.

The Top: Can't comment

J Gilbert's: I've been a lucky fuck in that I've lived in cities that 2 of their 4 locations call home (Glastonbury, CT is the other), and both are incredible. I grew up with this as my favorite steakhouse, and it continues to be. It's been way too long since I've visited the Worthington location.

I'm not a steak expert by any means but I've eaten at almost all of these places so I'll weigh in:

Ruth's Chris: Very good steaks, horrible atmosphere. They cram you in and its so dark you can't see the cans on the date of the guy 2 feet away from you.

:funny::funny: HAHA This is very true.

I don't think its too crowded though. Maybe it's just me. The lighting is dead on though. Drives me nuts. There's "setting a mood" then there's accidentally replacing all the bulbs with 4 watt bulbs. Wayy too dark.

Eddie Merlots for a plain strip. Best cuts I have ever eaten.

Hyde Park (Dublin is the best) for a covered strip. I suggest the steak Tressel with the garlic butter sauce. Yum.

JGilberts is very good and an awesome atmosphere.

Elevator Rock Filet. Enough said.

JAlexandars is a little less money, but also very good.

Ruth Chris...meh, it's alright.

Mitchells can fuck off. I have NEVER had a good experience there.

This list is in order from best to worst. Yes, I would rather go to LongHorn, Outback or Logans than Mitchells. Seriously.

-Marc

J. GILBERTS on 23 and 270 best Steak House in Columbus

I eat there every couple of months. I suggested it in this thread, but it isn't the best. Hyde Park at the Cap (Upper Arlingtion one isn't all that great, haven't tried Dublin), and Ruth's Chris are both better for sure - and more expensive.

Am I the only one that wasn't impressed with Mitchells in Polaris? I mean, the food was good, but for similar money I can go elsewhere for better food/atmosphere/location.

Try the Chop House on the square in Newark. It's where the Natoma used to be. Went there around Christmas and was very pleased with the NY Strip. Definitely not a chain, and fits the (far) East Side criteria. I'd guess it's probably the nicest restaurant in Newark, which I realize isn't much of a feat.

Try the Chop House on the square in Newark. It's where the Natoma used to be. Went there around Christmas and was very pleased with the NY Strip. Definitely not a chain, and fits the (far) East Side criteria. I'd guess it's probably the nicest restaurant in Newark, which I realize isn't much of a feat.

Been there. Not bad, and 7 minutes away.