BP gas sucks!!!!

zeitgeist57

I just drove to Pittsburgh and back today for business, and filled up my Passat at 5:30am with premium at the TA off of 70 in Hebron. Unfortunately, after I filled it up, I realized that this TA was distributing Amoco/BP fuel.

I remember the "What gas u use" thread a few weeks ago. Bah...no problem, I thought. I'll burn through this tank and fill up on my way home. Won't be a problem. All those paranoid BP-naysayers are full of crap. :)

Well....ALL THROUGH OH, WV, PA and back the car was bucking under acceleration like the timing was off or it needed a tune up. With 107k miles, I thought there may be a mechanical problem. Then, I realized it coooouuuld be the BP gas...

I burned through the tank by the afternoon. I intentionally went to a Shell station to get their 93 octane on my way back home this afternoon. IMMEDIATELY the hesitation and rough idle went away.

Unbelievable. From now on, I'm staying the F away from BP!!!!

• Upvote 1

I just drove to Pittsburgh and back today for business, and filled up my Passat at 5:30am with premium at the TA off of 70 in Hebron. Unfortunately, after I filled it up, I realized that this TA was distributing Amoco/BP fuel.

I remember the "What gas u use" thread a few weeks ago. Bah...no problem, I thought. I'll burn through this tank and fill up on my way home. Won't be a problem. All those paranoid BP-naysayers are full of crap. :)

Well....ALL THROUGH OH, WV, PA and back the car was bucking under acceleration like the timing was off or it needed a tune up. With 107k miles, I thought there may be a mechanical problem. Then, I realized it coooouuuld be the BP gas...

I burned through the tank by the afternoon. I intentionally went to a Shell station to get their 93 octane on my way back home this afternoon. IMMEDIATELY the hesitation and rough idle went away.

Unbelievable. From now on, I'm staying the F away from BP!!!!

yea, i never use bp crap in any of my cars for this exact reason. my dad even told me that at least ford and GM both used to say do not use BP gas in there owners manuals.

yea, i never use bp crap in any of my cars for this exact reason. my dad even told me that at least ford and GM both used to say do not use BP gas in there owners manuals.

As much as I don't like BP I have to say :bs: on this one. Ford has BP stamped right on their fuel caps.

It must be car dependent, my car actually runs better on BP or Mobil than Sunoco:

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k10/tripleskate/bpsunoco.jpg

This was a 4th gear pull using 89 octane BP and 89 octane Sunoco, as you can see the car actually was more happy to give more timing advance throughout most of the powerband on BP fuel.

I would just chalk it up to bad experience, or a bad gas station in general.

It was bp 93. I've driven the Passat on 87 for a while back when gas was $4+ a gallon, and it ran fine...not as rough as it did yesterday.

Thought it was weird for how much it was hesitating that a CEL wasn't tripped on my dashboard the whole way home...

Glad we don't own a BP anymore!!!!

:)

I have heard horror stories about that TA. I am thinking your issue is localized to that place. For giggles, I would like to buy you $5 worth of BP fuel from any other location after you run at least one tank of your choice through, just to prove a point.

How low was your tank when you filled up at TA?

Tell your daddy he's wrong.

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/129/l_c98b3bd3b4ed4936a7eb9deb9052dbd1.jpg

I have purchased gas at that TA before because its usually the cheapest place east of columbus and I have a BP credit card. Never had any issues personally but BP has the highest rebate of any gas card 5% on all purchases. Besides doesnt gas from a particular area come from the same distributer?

I don't know. I went to Advance last night and the codes were:

P0300 - multiple cylinder misfire

P0302 - Cylinder 2 misfire

That was the history, so I'm assuming the codes were tripped at different times. I bought Bosch Platinum+2 plugs and I'll replace them today...