what xbox 360 should i get?

evan9381

i briefly looked around online the other night, and theres a slew of options, and i have no clue about these. i played my brothers a couple months ago and when i found out i was getting some extra tax $, decided i want to pick one up. im probably not going to have a whole bunch of games, i'll just borrow them from my buddy who buys new games all the time. what kind of things do i need to decide if i want/need to then determine which one i should get? would it be worth it to buy used off CL or something, or is there something i should watch out for with those?

i dont know...why would i need a 250gb HD over the smaller ones ive seen? do they store games you can buy or something? theres also packages with headsets and stuff (which honestly, i dont see myself using. lol), extra controllers, some new one with a "sleek, new, design", some that come with choice of game, etc.

i dont know...why would i need a 250gb HD over the smaller ones ive seen? do they store games you can buy or something? theres also packages with headsets and stuff (which honestly, i dont see myself using. lol), extra controllers, some new one with a "sleek, new, design", some that come with choice of game, etc.

bigger harddrives are mainly for buying game add ons, xbox live content, netflix, etc. i even have a few games downloaded that i got from xbox live marketplace.. i have a 60gb, and it is plenty for me though.

If your playing online, you need need need a headset even if you buy an aftermarket set. Nothing worse than all your friends playing COD and your the one guy they cant talk to. I have a big harddrive one and a smaller 20gig and for me they are the same. I dont store movies or any downloads on them. My son does on the 20gig and I dont think he has ever filled it up. You'll more than likely buy the game vs. downloading it.

I've gone through I think 4 RRoDs. My 1st 360 had a 20GB HDD. I filled it up and emptied it several times. Get a bigger HDD.

Also, get the new Xbox 360s (the sleek one). It's supposed to be RRod resistant, and it has HDMI and Wifi built in.

i briefly looked around online the other night, and theres a slew of options, and i have no clue about these. i played my brothers a couple months ago and when i found out i was getting some extra tax $, decided i want to pick one up. im probably not going to have a whole bunch of games, i'll just borrow them from my buddy who buys new games all the time. what kind of things do i need to decide if i want/need to then determine which one i should get? would it be worth it to buy used off CL or something, or is there something i should watch out for with those?

Be careful buying used. If the previous owner was marked as a cheater by Microsoft, their system and Gamer ID would be blocked. Gamer ID won't affect you. If you buy his system though, it is still blocked. It is only good for single player use at your house. NO LIVE.

http://www.geeksquad.com/intelligence/blog/xbox-360-buyer-beware-of-blocked-consoles/

I've got a 250GB and probably about 150GB of it is filled (about 80-90GB of that is downloaded Rock Band songs) then the rest is game installs to reduce wear on the disc drive (they're the most common thing that fails now with MS having addressed the RROD) and speed up loading times.

I HATE having a 20 gig hard drive.. I'm always having to delete shit. Always. Especially since I like to write games to the disc so they load faster. One game alone fills up like 6-7 gigs.

I've got a 250GB and probably about 150GB of it is filled (about 80-90GB of that is downloaded Rock Band songs) then the rest is game installs to reduce wear on the disc drive (they're the most common thing that fails now with MS having addressed the RROD) and speed up loading times.

How do you get the game onto the HD? I've never done this before. Always use the CD.

You still have to have the disc in your console to play it unless you buy the game in the online marketplace and download it to your console.

But with any game you own just put it in your Xbox, go to the dashboard then under the My Xbox portion where it shows the game you have in your drive you press Y for "Game Details" and "Install Game to Hard Drive" is one of the options.

apparently all they sell now is a 4gb, and a 250gb, and i decided new against used, mainly for the year warranty, and the fact that its new. lol...got the 250gb with kinect, and picked up the new COD.

now i just need to sell my wii with all the games to recoup some of the money i spent on this.