Buying a house in central ohio

wagner

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I just saw your price range. I am very confident in 2-3 houses in my neighborhood that you would love. Shoot me at text if you're interested in knowing the location.

I got your PM, just send me the addresses and we will take a look.

thanks,

Don't know the addresses, there's a strip of about 6 in a row that went HUD. Mine went HUD and that's how I got it so cheap. Houses sell anywhere between 140-195k back there and I got mine for 100k. I think the ones that are HUD around me are in the low 90's.

this house is a steal.. this home is located on the street behind ours.. same model. close to 3500 sq ft, and if its a full basement, another 2000-2200 sq ft

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/6446-Ellis-Nook-Dr-New-Albany-OH-43054/71237302_zpid/

They paid almost 400k for it, got divorced now just trying to dump it

Do you care what your tax rate is? SW school has RIDICULOUSLY hight taxes.

we live in columbus but have hilliard schools.. but the school system is huge, and still growing..

That's incorrect. SW is way less the Hilliard and if I remember correctly is about the same or a little less the Columbus.

Buy my house. Dead serious.

Built in '95

1400sq feet + finished basement

3 bedrooms

2 full baths 1 half bath

2 car garage

newer appliances

newer carpet

newer tile in kitchen

new roof in 2010

large deck, recently refinished

decent size yard but not too huge

extra cement parking pad next to driveway

Gahanna address, Columbus taxes and utilities, Westerville schools.

I did see your price range but it's worth a shot. :) Pics upon request.

Care to share?

I moved out to the LH district from Columbus back in my 8th grade year. I can definitely say I was on a much higher and demanding academic structure in Columbus Public Schools (Algebra, Geometry, Spanish, Physical Science). When I moved they wouldn't allow me to take 3 of those classes taking 3 credits from me.

When I started taking classes I felt as if they were working on 6th grade work. Homework used to take me at least an hour to do at night at Columbus. LH, I would have my homework done before I left the class I was in.

I've literally had a teacher break down in front of our class crying telling us how he couldn't teach because he was too overweight to stand up and he only kept the job for the benefits.

Your kids will have quite a troublesome jump going to college unless you have them in all AP classes at Licking Heights. They simply won't be prepared for what's coming. Best bet is to have them go to school til Junior year and then enroll them at OSUN for their secondary schooling.

The race thing somewhat still is a problem out there, has been and always will be. A teacher got fired this year for verbally abusing an African American student (calling him racial slur names)

this house is a steal.. this home is located on the street behind ours.. same model. close to 3500 sq ft, and if its a full basement, another 2000-2200 sq ft

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/6446-Ellis-Nook-Dr-New-Albany-OH-43054/71237302_zpid/

He's only wanting to spend $85K. This one MIGHT be a little out of his price range.

Lol, 10k/yr in taxes. That's more than his whole monthly budget.

That is a fucking steal.

-Marc

Meth sales are down this quarter, so I don't think that will be in the mix :(

You just have to broaden your client base to get sales back up. I'd suggest reaching out to the potential users in the 9-14 year old demographic and begin by showing them how great they will feel and the euphoric state they will be in for a few hours.

I'd leave out that addiction part and let them figure it out on their own as your sales increase. ;)

-Marc

In that price range I'd head out into the country. Check out Johnstown, Sunbury, Ashley, Marengo, etc. unless commute is a concern. Your money will go a lot farther and you can avoid crime, congestion, etc. Lots of other communities close but still country around Columbus...I'm just not familiar with much except north and northeast of town.

We thought about that, but the problem is commute. The wife works in Dublin, I work out at Easton so we need to keep it sane. Trust me I would love to move to the country, but I don't think it will be in the cards for us.

This, there is a bank foreclosed house three houses down from me that has a 4-5 car unattached garage, a nice 60x30 barn, a 1/8 or 1/16 mile circle dirt track and a pond that I hear is going for cheap. That and its only about 25 mins to dublin or easton because 71 is so close lemme know if you want the address.

This, there is a bank foreclosed house three houses down from me that has a 4-5 car unattached garage, a nice 60x30 barn, a 1/8 or 1/16 mile circle dirt track and a pond that I hear is going for cheap. That and its only about 25 mins to dublin or easton because 71 is so close lemme know if you want the address.

Link? MLS#?

I don't know where this publication is but look for foreclosed homes once you decide where you want to move.

A buddy of mine paid 140k for a house(he had to put about 10k into it) but when it was finished it appraised at 240k...BUT that was before the market took the dump it did.

He has had it reappraised(for tax purposes) and it still sits in the 190k range.

Good luck home owner

Mace