Q7 was no fun, and the B5 S4 needed a brother.

Mr. Jones

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, with the exception of the wonderful V8 exhaust note, it's better at everything.

I would agree with this 100%. I would also throw in their the size of the vehicle has grown significantly and you do notice it (physical dimensions, not weight).

What real world mileage are you seeing? Also what is the transmission like? I can't find a lot of info on the 7 speed.....I am guessing it has paddle shifters or similar? A co worker has an 07 and I HATE the knob for the navi is it the same in yours or have they got a clue and gone touchscreen?

What real world mileage are you seeing? Also what is the transmission like? I can't find a lot of info on the 7 speed.....I am guessing it has paddle shifters or similar? A co worker has an 07 and I HATE the knob for the navi is it the same in yours or have they got a clue and gone touchscreen?

Mileage is abysmal right now, as I believe in a pretty rough break-in. ;)

I had my reservations, as I've always been a die hard 6mt guy.

After a couple drives, I was in love. The seamless acceleration with no interruption for shifts is just fun. Popping off shifts from a dig is just so much fun.

These cars are 100% different inside & outside from the 2007, whole new much larger chassis

Sample Photo:

http://gallery.audiworld.com/albums/album432/In_S4_L_001.jpg

Mileage is abysmal right now, as I believe in a pretty rough break-in. ;)

I had my reservations, as I've always been a die hard 6mt guy.

After a couple drives, I was in love. The seamless acceleration with no interruption for shifts is just fun. Popping off shifts from a dig is just so much fun.

The DSG will allow you to keep up with much faster cars in the twisties because you will already be in the right gear when they(me) just thought about pushing in the clutch pedal. I kept up with my friends 951 with chip and dp in my stock dsg gti on a back road drive until the straights opened up. DSG certainly is impressive. Yours is dry clutch right?

The DSG will allow you to keep up with much faster cars in the twisties because you will already be in the right gear when they(me) just thought about pushing in the clutch pedal. I kept up with my friends 951 with chip and dp in my stock dsg gti on a back road drive until the straights opened up. DSG certainly is impressive. Yours is dry clutch right?

7 Speed is wet multi plate, just like the VW DSG. VW does make a dry clutch DSG, but it's for tiny 180tq maximum cars.

10plates for one clutch, 12 for the other.

7 Speed is wet multi plate, just like the VW DSG. VW does make a dry clutch DSG, but it's for tiny 180tq maximum cars.

10plates for one clutch, 12 for the other.

Gotcha. Thanks for the info. I stopped reading up on DSGay after I traded mine in. lol

Did you think about the RS3 coming out before you bought this?

Its not coming to america. We don't even have the S3. I can't think of an RS model that was brought to america that didn't already have an S model.

If they do bring it, I might buy it, but it will be more than the S4.

I guess I don't get why you bought this car.

You already have two older models of it. Do you really need three? If you had bought an S5 it would have made sense, but not another Bx car. Had you sold your B5 or B7, that would have also made sense. Plus you are fixed so its not like you are going to NEED another 4-door to haul any kids around.

Personally, I'd be using that payment money to sell your house and get the fuck out of Reynoldsburg, but that's just me.