Nelson Ledges June Track Day

theweiser1

Don't run hoosiers if you've never been on a road course before. I went my first two seasons of tracking on street tires (18-20 total days), Sticky tires will just mask driver error until it's too late for you to know what you're doing wrong...then when they let go you'll go off as there's very little warning. Street tires progressively let go and talk to you when you're at the limits of adhesion.. You need to learn to overhwelm the street tires first, sliding the car around and learning exactly how it acts near, at and over it's limits before you even think about stepping up to a stickier tire.

Not to mention that hoosiers on a car that's not properly setup to run them (stock suspension) will cord probably within a single day if driven hard enough.

Andy

Duly noted, Thanks. I kind of figured as much, why I asked. I'm sure it'll still be a blast and hopefully prepare me for future ones.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to all who registered. We sold out at 5pm!! I look forward to seeing the CR crew at the track tomorrow!

If anyone is staying close to the track... I'm in Streetsboro at the Fairfield Inn and Suites... and heading to bw3's in about an hour if anyone wants to hang out.

Also anyone NOT in Group B that wants to borrow my Go Pro HD ... let me know....

I'm down! I brought my camera but no way to mount it. Btw I parked right next to you. :D. What time you guys heading out in the am?

Yeah, this was an absolute blast! First time I've ever done anything like this, and I definitely plan on coming out again. Huge thanks to Jon (orangedot) for letting me tag along with him and his father, made the experience THAT much better. You guys are very friendly folks! Thanks to Shawn as well for organizing this, and everyone that helped make it possible. Wide range of cars and it was nice to push it!

Next time I'll try to stay off the grass...

-Andrew, Black 2011 WRX

Next time I'll try to stay off the grass...

-Andrew, Black 2011 WRX

Ii saw you go off right after you passed me, looks like that was fun :lolguy:

had a great time I'll def be back again after a few adjustments. I never knew you could burn fuel that fast, 8MPG in a 1.6L!

Hah, yeah, prior to that every lap I felt like I could take that last kink a little bit faster, little bit faster, little bit faster... decided what the hell, there's a grass banking for a few hundred feet and gave it a shot!

Didn't work. :(

Had a great time even with the few hold-ups that happened. Sorry for all the guys that had issues/wrecked, hope to see you again in the fall.

Much thanks to Shawn for setting this up and being very cool and helpful, great first trackday experience for sure!

Made it home safely on the spare, still not sure what happened to my tire but we'll see tomorrow.

Thanks to Carl for letting me know I was pulling the rear wheels on tight turns, and to a couple guys for getting some good shots of me running the course, can't wait to see them.

Matt

Only Focus There.

Thanks again to all who registered! We had a great turn out. Official count was 56 drivers. I was surprised to see the Dodge Viper and the Ford GT show up to the event. He mentioned he would bringing back the cars to our next event and would probably bring a 2012 ford mustang boss laguna seca to our next event. Also thanks to those that helped with tech.

I will have video and pictures posted to the website sometime later this week. I have thousands to sort though:)

Heres some of the pics.... Enjoy!

http://markus.smugmug.com/Track-Day-Automotive-Photos/2011-Open-Track-Days/June-24-SVT-Club/17529434_GTqdmc#1334642694_G2CvQZW

http://markus.smugmug.com/Track-Day-Automotive-Photos/2011-Open-Track-Days/June-24-SVT-Club/i-ggnhQ4N/0/S/MRF2104-S.jpg