Todays Cars

Jizzle Juice

Is it just me that thinks the cars of today are being waaaaay to boxy looking? Like you don't see alot of cars with fine body lines. To me its like watching a movie in 1995 about the future and their opinion on what cars will look like. Or maybe im looking into it too much? idk

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me that thinks the cars of today are being waaaaay to boxy looking? Like you don't see alot of cars with fine body lines. To me its like watching a movie in 1995 about the future and their opinion on what cars will look like. Or maybe im looking into it too much? idk

Boxy ?

Seriously ?

http://gallery.me.com/bbotte/100036/SummerWheels1/web.jpg

Box?

My statement doesnt include cars like yours or vettes etc. And i meant more bulky, like too big to be on the road. Not to many slim and sleek cars other than like a audi or a bimmer, you know the high end cars

My statement doesnt include cars like yours or vettes etc. And i meant more bulky, like too big to be on the road. Not to many slim and sleek cars other than like a audi or a bimmer, you know the high end cars

Can you at least provide us a picture of a car you are talking about ?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Are you referring to the current obsession fat Americans have? The fact they must have trucks to commute xx miles a day when a regular car will do the same task while emitting wayyy less CO2 in the atmosphere? Let's not forget the bimbo soccer moms that feel safe driving massive SUVs when it's only 95% of the time, it's just the bimbo?

If so, I whole-heartedly agree.

Are you referring to the current obsession fat Americans have? The fact they must have trucks to commute xx miles a day when a regular car will do the same task while emitting wayyy less CO2 in the atmosphere? Let's not forget the bimbo soccer moms that feel safe driving massive SUVs when it's only 95% of the time, it's just the bimbo?

I also agree with this as-well, people over doing shit

I will get flamed by most here (although the movement lately of german cars is excellent), but I think you are referring to American cars. And yes, they are boxy/bloated/ugly sans vette, mustang and V (which is bloated to all hell).

perfect example of what he ment

http://www.sportscarcup.com/cars/chevrolet-camaro.jpg

Agreed.

I test drove one about an hour after a new 5.0 Mustang. Holy shit was it a world of difference. It felt like a fucking pickup truck. Horrible visibility, horrible fit and finish, horrible drive all together. The mustang felt light on its feet, responsive and a real screamer. Felt like a european car.

Haven't driven one, but challenger as well.

I liked the Camaro to be honest. I thought it was real nice. Admittedly, I've never test-drove one.

I would rock the Mustang V6 with the Track Package (that one you see on TV, the dark grey one with nice wheels)

I can only agree with this to a point. I like to enjoy my commute. I'll be damned if I'm spending that much of my life in a ford festiva.

Its the most fun hour of the day, thanks to the car. If I had to commute in a econobox, I'd probably go crazy and kill someone.

Euro

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTyZW7drzXRXZif-USep7gNJIMfCDtOlOJeNv64PcWOWKs6CVnxJp6-MyU

Korean

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4s7pd-nMYNzbrCZMyv0pwxfNDRvnWc9o7-dPI1Mn4QJoeHkREJgD5JjzZ

Japan

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFwzEKMPlqxx5sHrXqtCbIl-eefa5hRln_BCfrb3f2KwYtr6pOMiIOmmQ

more Japan

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShLjNVv7uijYM0UdRUsOP32k2AiG3cz275OYswx41vXQceTzcgf4RPHPs

Yeah I think I know what you mean. But if you're also talking about bulky ugly shit too, I also get that. There are lots of worthless uninteresting cars on the road today. There isn't much that gets me interested. I can understand from an engineering view why German cars get attention, but they don't do for me from a looks standpoint. Take Audi for example, every sedan they have come out with for the last ten years look so similar to each other. BMW isn't as bad but they all look alike. Toyota is about the worst cookie cutter generic cars. You know I can understand the companies wanting some brand recognition, but most of them do it in a very boring mundane way. Even my beloved Chevrolet has started down this path, every new car that has come out recently feels the same when you're sitting inside of it, with the exception of the Camaro.

I really look forward to the next change in general automotive direction, the industry seems to move direction every 10-15 years. So I wonder whether I will continue to enjoy the same cars, or the next big advancements will get my attention. At least being overly obsessed with cars and the automotive industry there is always something new to check out, or something old that may have been overlooked. Forwards, backwards or both the car is such a cool thing.

Sorry for the long post, I started to ramble.

I can only agree with this to a point. I like to enjoy my commute. I'll be damned if I'm spending that much of my life in a ford festiva.

Its the most fun hour of the day, thanks to the car. If I had to commute in a econobox, I'd probably go crazy and kill someone.

Oh I agree. That's why we buy nice quality cars such as your Audi A...whatever number it is now. I'm not saying we have to drive crapboxes, just not big-ass SUVs and trucks. IF they can afford the SUVs/trucks, they can afford buying a nice car.

I drive 110 miles a day and I thank myself for buying a Saab.