Todays Cars

Jizzle Juice

Take Audi for example, every sedan they have come out with for the last ten years look so similar to each other.

2000 S4:

http://rcheng.home.mindspring.com/S4/Images/audi-34.JPG

2010 S4:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4144/4832315519_1928d160f9.jpg

I had to double check when posting to make sure I didn't get them confused.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone been able to replicate the V6 Mustang that I saw on TV, I've been trying on Ford.com for the past two days to "build and price" one.

I don't think the wheels they had on it, the black ones, are a factory option. If they were, I have never seen them. They looked like 19". The hood looked different than factory as well.

An awesome looking car in that commercial though, i agree.

You can now get a 2011 5.0 with under 15k miles for around 25k.

I don't think the wheels they had on it, the black ones, are a factory option. If they were, I have never seen them. They looked like 19". The hood looked different than factory as well.

An awesome looking car in that commercial though, i agree.

You can now get a 2011 5.0 with under 15k miles for around 25k.

You should buy one.

What I meant was their lineup of sedans.

2000 Audi S4

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7Io418qTZCpwSTV5ojU-bPlTaxFEyoGBs5rUiQCxcBSDeerubs2VzSvo

2000 Audi A6

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTE-crqLV4gvSPGFs-cl1Rmr2LxoHdvm2W_5LVaQz1w4GTMktY4KtEXLkI

2010 Audi A1

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdUKh8TQxGqSq6475XetrPwkRZhsMbrAfzprMoO8lAFSETz8DgVXRkPUw

2010 Audi S4

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxqEi_u5FaaeDdEOOqxo_59390Imw0nf0XGmLGIZtbzQSHygRjDEPyVkU

2010 Audi A8

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhuyIXgOkx377eDER8RgPn9l2ivtb5A8b_fpFKJj6JRiEJrVxtIcFxVg

You know when I see an Audi, I just think "oh look an Audi" there isn't much definable between models. The only Audis that stand out to me not being an Audi fan is the TT and the R8.

Yeah I think I know what you mean. But if you're also talking about bulky ugly shit too, I also get that. There are lots of worthless uninteresting cars on the road today. There isn't much that gets me interested. I can understand from an engineering view why German cars get attention, but they don't do for me from a looks standpoint. Take Audi for example, every sedan they have come out with for the last ten years look so similar to each other. BMW isn't as bad but they all look alike. Toyota is about the worst cookie cutter generic cars. You know I can understand the companies wanting some brand recognition, but most of them do it in a very boring mundane way. Even my beloved Chevrolet has started down this path, every new car that has come out recently feels the same when you're sitting inside of it, with the exception of the Camaro.

I really look forward to the next change in general automotive direction, the industry seems to move direction every 10-15 years. So I wonder whether I will continue to enjoy the same cars, or the next big advancements will get my attention. At least being overly obsessed with cars and the automotive industry there is always something new to check out, or something old that may have been overlooked. Forwards, backwards or both the car is such a cool thing.

Sorry for the long post, I started to ramble.

In my opinion the premium car companies follow the "evolution" design philosophy, which might not yield the trendiest cars of the period, but usually makes cars that stand the test of time. In my opinion Audi does this very well. Take the A4. The B5/6/7/8 all seem to be small updates to a quality original design. A6 as well, and A8 did until the current gen which I don't like.

American cars try to reinvent the wheel, changing drastically, changing names (like a badge change makes it sell differently) and generally flopping like a fish trying to keep up.

Lately they have been doing a better job, which is funny that you say only recently have they started to not be as nice looking in your opinion!

You are clearly a "they don't make them like they used too" kind of guy.

2000 S4:

http://rcheng.home.mindspring.com/S4/Images/audi-34.JPG

2010 S4:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4144/4832315519_1928d160f9.jpg

They are black, have silver, and same badge, name and model name. Its clearly an identical car.

I just dont understand the making of things bigger, some people like simplicity like myself.

As for the audi's they dont fit my bulky type, i like them alot. I do kinda agree with how they are all similar, but it works and my eyes stay amazed.

In my opinion the premium car companies follow the "evolution" design philosophy, which might not yield the trendiest cars of the period, but usually makes cars that stand the test of time. In my opinion Audi does this very well. Take the A4. The B5/6/7/8 all seem to be small updates to a quality original design. A6 as well, and A8 did until the current gen which I don't like.

American cars try to reinvent the wheel, changing drastically, changing names (like a badge change makes it sell differently) and generally flopping like a fish trying to keep up.

Lately they have been doing a better job, which is funny that you say only recently have they started to not be as nice looking in your opinion!

You are clearly a "they don't make them like they used too" kind of guy.

They are black, have silver, and same badge, name and model name. Its clearly an identical car.

I didn't say that I don't like them as much, I said their models have started to look very similar, especially from an interior standpoint. Its my opinion that a car company is far more interesting when their line up doesn't just look like different sizes of the same car. Thats how most european cars come across to me. This is also why people buying Cadillac Escalades instead of a loaded Tahoe that's the same damn truck doesn't make sence to me. I'm just a simple person, I buy a car for the fun it gives me or what it's usefull for, not the exclusivity or general perception of that vehicle. Take my cars for example, I wanted an F-body, I love everything about the car, it makes me smile everytime I drive it, it's an easy platform to mod. My truck is a utility vehicle, it comes in handy for so much, but I also treat it like a utility vehicle, its a 2WD V6 with a back seat so it can easily take the whole family if needed. My cars aren't flashy, I don't do it for anyone but me. The only reason I want a Vette is because it would be a blast, good handling, good power, good mods, not like so many people because that Vette means some kind of status to them, taking it to car shows and putting around in it.

Lets face it, MKV Aaron and Jones will never agree with my car interests.

I didn't say that I don't like them as much, I said their models have started to look very similar, especially from an interior standpoint. Its my opinion that a car company is far more interesting when their line up doesn't just look like different sizes of the same car. Thats how most european cars come across to me. This is also why people buying Cadillac Escalades instead of a loaded Tahoe that's the same damn truck doesn't make sence to me. I'm just a simple person, I buy a car for the fun it gives me or what it's usefull for, not the exclusivity or general perception of that vehicle. Take my cars for example, I wanted an F-body, I love everything about the car, it makes me smile everytime I drive it, it's an easy platform to mod. My truck is a utility vehicle, it comes in handy for so much, but I also treat it like a utility vehicle, its a 2WD V6 with a back seat so it can easily take the whole family if needed. My cars aren't flashy, I don't do it for anyone but me. The only reason I want a Vette is because it would be a blast, good handling, good power, good mods, not like so many people because that Vette means some kind of status to them, taking it to car shows and putting around in it.

Actually, you and I have similar views, just different tastes in cars.

I like the Tahoe the most of the rebadged large SUV's. I like F bodies, Vettes, some W bodies, whatever old regals are GN style (G body?), I like the sierra better than the silverado though.

My GTI is a base model, 0 option manual car. I wanted just that. Only thing I settled for was the color. They didn't offer Jones vaginal canal color as seen in my sig. I settled for United Grey.

What the hell are you talking about.

You bought the Camaro to go fast in a straight line, it does that, hats off to you. Nobody is arguing that. I don't recall anyone in this thread making any remarks about anything you own actually.

Like you said your cars fit the bill, nobody is arguing.

What the hell are you talking about.

You bought the Camaro to go fast in a straight line, it does that, hats off to you. Nobody is arguing that. I don't recall anyone in this thread making any remarks about anything you own actually.

Like you said your cars fit the bill, nobody is arguing.

Just pointing out my interests, possibly to shed a little light on my opinions. Stop jumping to conclusions, I don't feel the need to defend what I own. Only to point out where I'm coming from.

i have to agree with ya here. I have noticed that GM has gotten bad with the interior thing. After the camaro came out, alot of people thought the interior was pretty cool looking, how the gauges were and such, hence why like 3 of there models share close to the same setup. Now that the Cruze got amazing remarks on its interior, ill bet you start seeing alot of there other cars get something similar.

Exterior wise, yea alot of companies are putting close to the same grill/front end style on alot of their vehicles, but some just do it better than others so at least each car is easily recognizable by model.

On another note, i do get what the OP is talking about. Take for instance the scion TC. I just saw what im guessing is the new body style, and it is deffinately more on the boxy side as compared to the first gen.