WHERE IT STOPS NO ONE KNOW

STEVE-O

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like to not smell like elephant shit when i get to work. ill ride safely and without effort in the bmw. many a dino gave their lives so i can troll faggets on 270 all while getting 10mpg.

Shower at work right off our fitness room, brosef. Put some clean clothes in a backpack, get to work 30min early, shower, work, ride home at end of day.

You're not a car guy if you don't have a car that causes you to care how much gas costs. :)

Even e85 is above $3 a gallon. I need to figure out which is better...

S4 on e85

$3 per gallon/16 gallon tank/~13mpg avg.

or

LR3 on premium

$4 per gallon/23 gallon tank/~13mpg avg.

I guess the best would be to put premium in the S4 and drive around with less power...fuck that though.

THIS... Hell we were budgeting 400 for gas per month looks like we are going to re-adjust that.

I can't wait til gas skyrockets. then big gas chugging new suv's, trucks will go down in value and i'll buy one. I only work 2 miles away. I already drive an older gas chugging chevy v8 truck with big mud tires sooo

Last time gas went up to $4+ my buddy did this. bought an Escalade only a few years old for like $12k got a rediculous deal. he's single and doesnt live far from work so he didnt care about gas prices.

My jetta will be paid off by sept and i'll be keeping it. if something comes up....like a Ford 250 or Cummins dodge or something big like that, i might jump on it and just use it sparingly.

You dummies do realize that from 3.80 to 4.15 is a 35cent difference? If you fill up a 20gal tank, its $7 dollars more. If you fill up once a week, just figure out a way to save ONE SINGLE DOLLAR per day and it will even out.

I see your point but for people who drive trucks of SUV's that have to fill up more than just once a week, not to mention when they DO fill up its north of 80/90$ it makes a difference. it only costs me $40ish to fill up my jetta and even with driving to class and work and hockey i only have to fill up once a week.

You dummies do realize that from 3.80 to 4.15 is a 35cent difference? If you fill up a 20gal tank, its $7 dollars more. If you fill up once a week, just figure out a way to save ONE SINGLE DOLLAR per day and it will even out.

No shit, people who notice this in their budget's need to change something in their budget. :fa:

It's not just about .35 a gallon it's been climbing steady and when you fill up 2-3 times a week in multiple vehicles it is a large amount of money. I think the 400 we budget for fuel is crazy, and that's not including toys that get fueled up. Not saying I don't have the funding but enough is enough. But in the end I'll pay it because I have no choice /rant

I can't wait til gas skyrockets. then big gas chugging new suv's, trucks will go down in value and i'll buy one. I only work 2 miles away. I already drive an older gas chugging chevy v8 truck with big mud tires sooo

On the other end of the spectrum, I plan on making some serious profit on my Civic this Summer. Lol

I only have around a 16 mile commute to work and back, it's 90% highway, and my Z06 still gets close to 30 mpg highway. :fuckyeah:

If I was worried about being crippled by the cost of gas, I'd drive some small FWD econobox and slowly slit my wrists in boredom as I drove it.

But what I am upset about is all the other people that pay for gas to make things that I depend on.

It takes gas to till the field

more to plant it

more to fertilize

more to apply pest control

more to water

more to harvest

more to haul

more to process

more to haul again

more to process into something else

more to haul it again to the supermarket

Every penny that oil goes up impacts the cost of products many times during it's trip from start to finish. Not just farm goods, but every product. Then add in materials costs, and the increase in costs this has on those materials. It's easy to see why oil prices skyrocketing can cause big issues. THAT'S what I'm worried about.

The economy took it's massive dump a while bck when gas hit $4/gal. It's not hard to see that happening again. Costs are going up which means profits will be down.

No shit, people who notice this in their budget's need to change something in their budget. :fa:

This

Every penny that oil goes up impacts the cost of products many times during it's trip from start to finish. Not just farm goods, but every product. Then add in materials costs, and the increase in costs this has on those materials. It's easy to see why oil prices skyrocketing can cause big issues. THAT'S what I'm worried about.

The economy took it's massive dump a while bck when gas hit $4/gal. It's not hard to see that happening again. Costs are going up which means profits will be down.

And This.

Except that gas companies will produce record profits once again.

I'm so sick and tired of people complaining about gas prices, when people drive SUV with just a driver or even 1 passenger. If someone wants to be a over consumer of gasoline let them, but don't complain to everyone else about it. Its kind of like obese people complaining they are going to die of starvation because food prices are so high. If you don't like gas prices do something about it.

can anyone explain to me why it jumped from $3.73 to $4.15 in a single day?

Because our economy is flourishing and Japan is using so much right now.

:yuno:

You know, either that or because people are making a god damned killing on oil right now.

One of the awesomest quotes I can remember was from a Shell VP who said one of the leading reasons their costs were rising was because of the cost of fuel to operate their machines and deliver the gas.