Best way to prepare a t-bone steak

Comebackkid

salt and peppa, high heat.

I like to put some cast iron in the oven at 500 or 550. Let it sit for 5 or 10 minutes like that. Take it out, put the steak in, put in the oven.

Wait about 2 or 3 minutes, flip

Wait 3 or 4 minutes

take it out, put a pat or two of butter on it

let it sit a minute

eat

or grill it, similarly but you need that grill to be HOT

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/evan938/IMAG0886.jpg

Couple weeks ago...rib steak from carfagnas with some A1, baked sweet potato with brown sugar and butter, roasted corn on the cob, and a glass of shiner bock. win.

allow the steak to get to room temp before it sees heat

make sure the grill is hot.

season the grill

check times based on thickness

i like to turn(rotate) the steak 90 degrees once each side to get the the grill marks right.

cover steaks with foil after grill for about 5 mins

enjoy

Couple weeks ago...rib steak from carfagnas with some A1, baked sweet potato with brown sugar and butter, roasted corn on the cob, and a glass of shiner bock. win.

Why do people, including yourself, feel the need to add sugar to a sweet potato? If you bake it, it will taste fine with zero on it. Not even butter. It's my opinion so it means nothing, but I have always wondered why people feel the need to load an already sweet tasting potato with sugar and/or cinnamon. Enlighten me please.

Why do people, including yourself, feel the need to add sugar to a sweet potato? If you bake it, it will taste fine with zero on it. Not even butter. It's my opinion so it means nothing, but I have always wondered why people feel the need to load an already sweet tasting potato with sugar and/or cinnamon. Enlighten me please.

because different people have different tastes

because different people have different tastes

I always took it as people ruining something that is actually good for them by loading it with sugar, but call it what you will. Are these the same people who put extra sugar on cereal that already has a ton of sugar? Maybe they should sugar their pop too......

I always took it as people ruining something that is actually good for them by loading it with sugar, but call it what you will. Are these the same people who put extra sugar on cereal that already has a ton of sugar? Maybe they should sugar their pop too......

Ok? Do you worry about other choices that people make too?

Subscribed

I am always looking for more great ideas to improve my grilling. I am no expert at all by any means. I can throw on some burgers and steaks and make them taste good but I am looking to impress. My wife just bought me ribs to try for the first time. Any tips on those? I have just never cooked them at all. We liked my brother in laws so much last night we had to get some and some sweet baby rays-brown sugar bbq sauce.

I have been complaining about my shitty ass grill lately. My wife just told me as she bought the ribs that she was going to buy me a new grill for fathers day and to pick one out. Any opinions on these?

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=prod1970422&navAction=push

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=prod2410014&navAction=push

She said she would spend $600 or so but I can't let her go that high. I really want a gas and charcoal grill together. I like the one that has the smoker too but I dont want to get one that has everything but is the cheapest available model with everthing included. I want some quality and something that will last awhile.

I put all my charcoal on one side of the grill and get it nice and hot. I sprinkle seasoned salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika on both sides of the steak. Throw it directly over the heat for a couple minutes each side to sear it then move it to the cool side of the grill for a couple minutes to finish the cooking to medium rare. Then I put a little pat of real butter on them and let that melt down over them. I prefer ribeye but will eat a t-bone from time to time.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj37/0rion_album/005.jpg

Subscribed

I am always looking for more great ideas to improve my grilling. I am no expert at all by any means. I can throw on some burgers and steaks and make them taste good but I am looking to impress. My wife just bought me ribs to try for the first time. Any tips on those? I have just never cooked them at all. We liked my brother in laws so much last night we had to get some and some sweet baby rays-brown sugar bbq sauce.

I have been complaining about my shitty ass grill lately. My wife just told me as she bought the ribs that she was going to buy me a new grill for fathers day and to pick one out. Any opinions on these?

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=prod1970422&navAction=push

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=prod2410014&navAction=push

She said she would spend $600 or so but I can't let her go that high. I really want a gas and charcoal grill together. I like the one that has the smoker too but I dont want to get one that has everything but is the cheapest available model with everthing included. I want some quality and something that will last awhile.

my buddy has the chargriller duo.....pretty decent grill/smoker. I've seen some that included the side box and some that you add the sidebox too. The only problem I have with it is it's a little small for what I do. Can be had way cheaper than $600 and chragriller has a decent site to buy replacement parts if you need them. I have a chargriller pro series texas smoker that's 10 years old. It's been used pretty much weekly since I bought it too. I just replaced the original firebox last week getting ready for brickstreet in Marietta. We'll have 4 of those there.

As far as ribs.....I use a home made dry rub on mine and finish with a home made sauce ( although I do like sweet baby ray's). For someone just starting out I would say to take your time and not try to rush them. Depending on smoker temps you could be looking at 4-6 hours. I would also recommend after 2 or 3 hours to wrap them in foil. Hard to mess them up doing it that way.

. My wife just bought me ribs to try for the first time. Any tips on those? I have just never cooked them at all..

last time i cooked ribs i tried it this way http://www.amazingribs.com/recipes/porknography/best_BBQ_ribs_ever.html

and they turned out really good. i have a gas grill and used some jack daniels wood chips

Smoking is fun, been doing it for 10+ years. Put $300 down on a Weber Smokey Mountain and you will never look back.

You also will have enough left over for a gas grill ;).

That award goes to outback regardless of where you are

outback you wont spend $140 on dinner for 2 either.

Out of Mitchells, Ocean Club, Ruths Chris, Eddie Merlot's, The Top, Smith and Wollensky, etc, Mitchells is by and far the worst.

UMMMMMM......

http://www.russcooks.com/images/t-bone-illustration.png

What's the point you're trying to make? I understand that the filet is in a t-bone, but all the fat has been removed. It is the leanest cut. I love all steak, but my personal favorite would be ribeye.

What's the point you're trying to make? I understand that the filet is in a t-bone, but all the fat has been removed. It is the leanest cut. I love all steak, but my personal favorite would be ribeye.

Someone said to send the Tbone back and order filet, the TBone contains a filet.

allow the steak to get to room temp before it sees heat

cover steaks with foil after grill for about 5 mins

+1

Those are 2 important steps I forgot to mention. I hate when I see people plopping cold or even near-frozen steak on a grill. Instead of foil I usually heat a cup of water in the microwave for 2 minutes then toss the steaks in there with it for a ~5 minute rest. The hot water keeps it warm & humid in there.