Do you trust this cloud shit...?

Putty

I ask because once you upload shit to the web, it's always on the web. The idea is great, but things that are too personal I would still rather keep on my local drive. Mainly because when you delete...who knows if it deletes or who has it..

Thoughts?

It never "deletes". Never trust the cloud with anything you would be afraid of losing, or having leaked. I am even leery of music uploading, no reason of course:ninja:.

That said I use lots of cloud services. Docs, pics, amazon, games. Just keep a back up drive of your "importants" and a backup to the backup. For the record your local drives can only be deleted by destruction. I suggest a thermite tub.

I just started using Dropbox.com about 3 weeks ago. Looks pretty good so far. It will create a copy of every file on each device that you register with your account.

You can even have public folders/files to share with everyone.

You get 2GB for free and 250MB for each person that you invite that signs up. So if you want to sign up, PM me your email and I will send an invite.

yeah, i keep my data on an external HD with a large magnet within arm's reach. cloud services can claim all the legal protection and confidentiality they want, but you can't subpoena a drive that's been wiped clean. thats not to say that facebook, google, etc dont already have all my info but thats another story

We have been a cloud company for about 10 years, I trust the way we do things. Facebook is a cloud company. Columbus Racing is cloud based. How much trust are you willing to part with, that's the question.