Would you call the cops if?

Moostang

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And they will BOTH teach you that the last thing you do is walk into a situation and turn it potentially more dangerous.

Ding ding, we have a winner. I would have called the cops.

Think about this scenario, as unlikely as it is:

- Drive home at 3am, see suspicious car parked outside your house with people in it.

- Go up to car to be a man.

- Window rolls down.

- Barrel comes out.

- You get shot.

Or maybe this scenario:

- Drive home at 3am, see suspicious car parked outside your house with people in it.

- Go up to car to be a man, with a gun.

- Window rolls down.

- Barrel comes out.

- You shoot them.

- You get ass raped for a while in jail.

2 nights ago my neighbor was walking through our complex when what looked like an empty car rolled down 2 side windows and some thugs stuck guns out and demanded his money. he took off in the other direction.

the last thing you want to do is get yourself closer to a potential situation like this, you did the right thing.

and LOL at the internet tough guys here pretending like they would just walk up with a gun.

I guess I am not paranoid as you guys.

I have worked in every bad neighborhood in columbus. Taking peoples cars and repoing home furnishings. If anyone should have been attacked or assaulted for asking if someone needed help it should have been me. Going into Uzi Alley and Livingston and courtright. Cleveland and 17th-rest of ghetto. And if anyone who knows me I dont exactly blend in when I go into the bad neighborhoods.

Maybe I am lucky or maybe I just know how to read people. But you all are taking a very simple question and over thinking it. How the fuck do you know they werent sitting there reading a map trying to get un-lost.

The ccw and self defense recommendations were strictly to improve his confidence maybe get rid of some of his paranoia.

Ding ding, we have a winner. I would have called the cops.

Or maybe this scenario:

- Go up to car to be a man, with a gun.

- Window rolls down.

- Barrel comes out.

- You shoot them.

- You get ass raped for a while in jail.

Use throw away hipoint, torch car. perfectly safe....

I guess I am not paranoid as you guys.

I have worked in every bad neighborhood in columbus. Taking peoples cars and repoing home furnishings. If anyone should have been attacked or assaulted for asking if someone needed help it should have been me. Going into Uzi Alley and Livingston and courtright. Cleveland and 17th-rest of ghetto. And if anyone who knows me I dont exactly blend in when I go into the bad neighborhoods.

Maybe I am lucky or maybe I just know how to read people. But you all are taking a very simple question and over thinking it. How the fuck do you know they werent sitting there reading a map trying to get un-lost.

The ccw and self defense recommendations were strictly to improve his confidence maybe get rid of some of his paranoia.

It's not paranoia, it's situational awareness. Something that out of the ordinary is not something we want to get involved in. If the car was sitting there at 3pm, sure I go ask what's up. Lost at 3am? You're fucked.

I think you need to look into crime statistics and some case studies. This is very similar to a common type of rouse used to rob people.

. How the fuck do you know they werent sitting there reading a map trying to get un-lost.

clear this up. the kid was leaning against his driver door inside and kinda of looking up at me. and when i was watching for an a whole hour he was on and off his cell phone.

How the fuck do you know they werent sitting there reading a map trying to get un-lost.

The fact that its 3am in a residential area on a weekday. How do you know they arent durka durkas waiting for the next nosy asshole to blow up the bomb they're sitting on?

When you don't know, call the people you pay to keep you safe; if the men with guns who are legally allowed to shoot people play it safe, pull their guns, and have the guys exit the car one by one, they might be on to something with this whole "caution before bravado" thing.

I think you need to look into crime statistics and some case studies. This is very similar to a common type of rouse used to rob people.

yea the fact that he was on and off his cell made me think he might have been casing out a house

He also lives off of Little Turtle. I wouldn't consider that a huge crime area. Lived in that area for 2 years myself.

So, if I move to that area I can leave me doors and windows unlocked and nothing will ever happen? Shit, I minus whale have kids and just let them wander around Little Turtle at all hours of the night. I'm sure everything would be fine.

But wait, Uptown Westerville is a really safe area. Oddly, a couple years ago people were being mugged at gun point a couple blocks from my house. Did I mention that is also a couple blocks from the police station?

It's not paranoia, it's situational awareness. Something that out of the ordinary is not something we want to get involved in. If the car was sitting there at 3pm, sure I go ask what's up. Lost at 3am? You're fucked.

I guess I have extreme situational awareness then. Cause if I see a car parked outside my house you can bet your ass I already know every possible place to hide or defend from in or around my home. Which puts me in a posistion to feel comfortable speaking with them on my terms in a manner I control.

Or I just used to be a the alpha dog and people bow down and listen to me.

I also never carry more then 20 dollars in cash on me.

I guess I have extreme situational awareness then. Cause if I see a car parked outside my house you can bet your ass I already know every possible place to hide or defend from in or around my home. Which puts me in a posistion to feel comfortable speaking with them on my terms in a manner I control.

walking out to their car in the street is a situation you can control?

ROFL. You have no clue what the fuck you are talking about. You should just stop now.

That's not situational awareness, that's knowing your property. :dumb:

You don't have situational awareness. You think that because you know the area, you are good to go. If anything, you appear to have situational ignorance.

That's not situational awareness, that's knowing your property. :dumb:

You don't have situational awareness. You think that because you know the area, you are good to go. If anything, you appear to have situational ignorance.

yea it would be completely different if it was a car i knew. I never saw the car didnt know the kid couldnt see inside the car, window tint/ dark outside. i thought the only thing to do was call the cops. i gave him a chance to leave but he didnt. If i was lost i would have drove off when i saw someone parked near me, look at me and go into the house im parked outside of. Kinda dumb to remain there for another hour. Even if he was drunk and just sleeping it off. there are better places for that.

Its only when you think you've got everything under control when you show the greatest weaknesses. Assuming you've thought of every outcome and every solution is the easiest way to get a nasty surprise and find yourself helpless.

Thats why you see police officers at their most alert during traffic stops. What appears to be the most common, simplest interaction is also the most prone to erupting in something completely unpredictable.

I do this stuff on a regular basis. I honestly want to know what kind of experience you have in these situations first hand.

I will offer up my man pants challenge to any of you. You tag along with me on a few late night repossessions. We will see if your opinion on my "situational ignorance" changes. No CCW. Just me and you in a car hunting someone.

I do this stuff on a regular basis. I honestly want to know what kind of experience you have in these situations first hand.

I will offer up my man pants challenge to any of you. You tag along with me on a few late night repossessions. We will see if your opinion on my "situational ignorance" changes. No CCW. Just me and you in a car hunting someone.

You repo stuff on a daily basis or you randomly confront people on a daily basis? I'm confused.

I honestly wouldn't care about doing repo work. It's all about controlling that situation as much as possible. That's like saying "hey, I was in the Marines and did dangerous shit all the time. Now when I'm confronted with a possibly dangerous thing, and I'm not getting paid, I always take the same risks."

clear this up. the kid was leaning against his driver door inside and kinda of looking up at me. and when i was watching for an a whole hour he was on and off his cell phone.

Maybe just maybe... He was thinking about asking you for directions but you made him nervous cause you kept staring at him and peaking out your window....He was on phone trying to get directions so he could get away from you but he was having a nervous breakdown.

/devils advocate

You repo stuff on a daily basis or you randomly confront people on a daily basis? I'm confused.

I honestly wouldn't care about doing repo work. It's all about controlling that situation as much as possible. That's like saying "hey, I was in the Marines and did dangerous shit all the time. Now when I'm confronted with a possibly dangerous thing, and I'm not getting paid, I always take the same risks."

Both. I confront and repo on daily basis. Always have a way in. Always have a way out.