Would you call the cops if?

Moostang

I cant remember in my lifetime when America was in jeapardy of losing its freedom from a foriegn country. So if YOU were fighting for someones freedom it wasnt in this country. It was the freedom of people in some desert where there is a lot of oil at.

u know why people dont attack us cause we have a military...take that away and see what happens

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they were doing nothing wrong, then the cops would just send them on there way.

If they were doing something wrong or i.e. had a weapon, then the cops will deal with the situation. This way, instead of you coming out all tough guy like and getting shot, the situation gets defused peacefully.

I would say I would do the same thing, cept I live on Campus and between the shitty CPD response time and the fact this happens every night, I could care less.

Punk kids I knew it high-school may have gotten out of the car and beat your ass senseless if they were parked on the side of the road smoking (or doing whatever) at 3am and you decided to go knock on the window to ask them what was going on. You did the right thing Zach, you never know who someone is, what they are capable of or how many people may be inside of a car you can't see inside of.

I wouldn't sweat it, just keep an eye on your shit for the next few days.

Edited by Trouble Maker

I would have done the same thing man. You don't up into a situation that is not known. That is dumb. Not even the police would go into such a situation without a plan that involves backup.

I've done it several times. I have however also done the opposite of my advice and confronted the situation, but when I did, I actually pulled along side them in my car and had my CCW with me but never flaunted it. Just there in case.

Let the police earn their keep and show that the neighbors respect their authority and job.

The direction this thread took is pretty funny. I probably wouldn't have called the cops though (just not a big fan of them). If some kids want to hangout in a car on the street that's fine with me. However, if they bring that party onto my property, well... I keep a pistol and shotgun handy specifically for situations like that (my wife usually grabs the pistol). There's no reason to be paranoid, just prepared. Also, until they ACTUALLY stick their nose into your business, leave them the fuck alone.

I think you made the right decision. All these billy bad asses can monday quarterback your decision, but all in all you never know what a bunch of douchebags can do especially if you were by yourself.

+1; no need to read the other 4 pages.

I've walked up to cars like this situation at work, at our old house, and even a couple that were "chasing" me yelling about beating my ass. There was also one where a concerned dad followed me for 10 minutes, thinking his daughter was in the truck "doing stuff" with me (it wasn't his daughter but my wife was doing stuff; when I had enough, slammed on the brakes and walked back to his truck, zipping my fly didn't occur to me). Point is I made it through all of them, but looking back, it was retarded. Walking up to an unknown car with any amount of people in it at 3am is a dumb idea. Even if you are thinking, "hi, can I help you?", the folks in the car are assuming the worst while you're walking towards them.