03/22 Ride

g35tonv

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW does anyone know who the dude with the thick accent and the ducati was? is he on the board, or did he just see us at Mcdonalds and ride?

he wasnt on the boards when he rode with us, but i believe he has signed up. dont think ive seen an intro yet though. his name is rusty, and he wasnt so much a fan of the duc after our trip back to columbus on I-70, i think we were all hurtin actually.

yeah i bet that was a tough ride, i hate riding the freeway. We gotta do that trip again soon. Maybe skip the hocking hills section for now. 37 is a good route to 60 then the triple nickel back to 78 and 33 home.

theres so many roads i wanna explore down there. it was hard enough for me to plan the route that we did. i mapped that last year and pretty much just ride the same route. if i look at google maps, i will never settle on another route...

Me and two others happened to go down to hocking hills on Sunday. Too bad we didn't see any of you. I agree, the roads were crap. I just got a suspension upgrade and was putting it to the test in some high speed twisties. I almost lost it while doing a hard counter-steer in a sharp downhill right turn. I hit some gravel and got all fishy and started to skid. Luckily I came out of it right before side swiping an oncoming van. I almost wet my pants. Sounds like others weren't so lucky. That sucks!

We should defiantly take it easy until the roads clear up a bit.

The guy on the Ducati was def. super cool too. He came back and checked over the bikes when the breakdown occured and was a major help for sure. Not to mention Ive always loved those ducati's, my neighbor has one just like that guys, and those are sick.

There are alot of roads around Lancaster area too, Breeman, Rushville, etc. that are good. And a few years(or a year) ago they repaved a ton of country roads over the summer months....

Just in case you all get bored, take 33 south, and take the business route, then left on Coonpath, and then just follow and hit whatever. Some major routes out there that have hills and twisties....

dsc00673r.th.jpg

dsc00678r.th.jpg

dsc00696v.th.jpg

dsc00692a.th.jpg

dsc00690z.th.jpg

dsc00701.th.jpg

I got some photos of the crashes, but I don't want to post without owners consent. Everyone was fine. Both low sided because of gravel. Seemed to me it wasn't the drivers fault on either crash. But I am a newb, lol.

i wanna plan that 37 - 60 - 555 - 78 trip. not quite as technical as hocking but great roads with twisties and straight lines. Lots places to stop and you never have to touch 70. more details to come.

Hocking area was great but This route sounds fun...Hit me up when this becomes a plan.

well guys looks like i might be out for a while.. after having a great day yesterday... a perfect ride and no issues i take my baby out today for a quick 20 min jaunt and start smoking out the tail pipe and then started spurting oil out of it... i just got it back to my house and i'll start ripping into it tomorrow but im at a loss.. any help is appreciated

Oh no! That really sucks!

I forgot to tell you guys, I lost my speedo sensor on the way back too.... The nut split into like 5 different pieces and ground through the sensor so my display was saying all kinds of crazy numbers, lol. We tightened that nut down to torque spec when we did the sprocket change, so I don't know why it cracked. Kind of annoying....