Mini Van Gets Major Cleaning

ForeverMaker

So a client of mine has a 6 year-old Honda Odyssey that had never been seriously cleaned on the inside.

8-9 hours of hard work, but the results, especially on the seats, are pretty incredible....

cupholders.jpg

console.jpg

dash-final.jpg

seats.jpg

rear.jpg

And I still recommended that the carpets and seats be done again due to some stubborn areas!

That really is amazing...don't sell yourself short! Those newer Odysseys are HUGE on the inside. Not so "mini" anymore! :)

I'm hoping your client was my sis-in-law...she's got a black/tan 2005 Odyssey that looks like that or maybe even a little worse.

Nice job! Looks good. Never and easy or really fun task but rewarding once you're done.

I did ours a few weeks back and it about killed me. Especially the inside. I was too embarrassed to take before pics. The good thing about cars today though is you pretty much gut a deer in them and it will clean up just fine. Our Van is basically a rolling apartment for the family so it gets put to the test, but comes through like a champ in terms of cleaning.

Nice job! Looks good. Never and easy or really fun task but rewarding once you're done.

I did ours a few weeks back and it about killed me. Especially the inside. I was too embarrassed to take before pics. The good thing about cars today though is you pretty much gut a deer in them and it will clean up just fine. Our Van is basically a rolling apartment for the family so it gets put to the test, but comes through like a champ in terms of cleaning.

most mini vans are like that for families...they can get DISGUSTING! i keep all sorts of stuff in my versa for the kids...but my husband harps on me to keep it clean :)

i would always make derogatory comments to people who kept their vehicles like that. until i realized just how quickly 3 kids under the age of 4 can absolutely trash the inside of a vehicle. great detail. looks brand new

i would always make derogatory comments to people who kept their vehicles like that. until i realized just how quickly 3 kids under the age of 4 can absolutely trash the inside of a vehicle. great detail. looks brand new

+1000. It's depressing.

How much does something like that run? My Sedona is going to be due for a major cleaning soon.

Thank you all for the nice comments. I will definitely start posting more of my work. Some responses....

So true. I actually gave up on keeping my wife's car clean because of how tough she is on it. The tipping point was when she was loading a box into her car, left it on the hood for a moment then DRAGGED it off leaving deep scratches. She didn't think anything of it!

Holy shit, great job. how in the hell did you remove all the little cracks in the seat?

The process used was the Leatherique restoring method. In a nutshell:

• Particularly filthy seats get pre-cleaned of grime using an all-purpose cleaner.
  • Leatherique rejuvenating oil is brushed on to all leather surfaces and hand-rubbed in.
  • The car should then sit in the sun with the windows up for a day. This allows moisture to be injected into the seats and contaminants lifted.
  • The oil is then cleaned with Leatherique leather cleaner, and rinsed/hand buffed to a soft, satin finish.

The "cracks" in the seats were really just folds in the leather in which grime had built up. Proper treatment can make the grime go away which gives the leather a like-new appearance and feel.

You can see the left side to right side wear in those seats. Really shows what seats get used most often.

Yep, special attention is definitely given to the high-wear areas. I actually went back and applied oil half-way through it sitting in the sun because those areas were so dry they were soaking it right up!

+1000. It's depressing.

How much does something like that run? My Sedona is going to be due for a major cleaning soon.

A couple hundred dollars including the leather treatment. If you don't have leather (and if your car isn't as dirty!) it would be less expensive.

VERY NICE WORK! What chemicals did you use on the leather to achieve the finished product aside from scrubbing.

Answered above in more detail, but yes, scrubbing, Megs All-purpose cleaner 10:1 (that stuff can be pretty serious in low ratios so be careful with delicate surfaces) Leatherique oil and leather cleaner, and more scrubbing!

That really is amazing...don't sell yourself short! Those newer Odysseys are HUGE on the inside. Not so "mini" anymore! :)

I'm hoping your client was my sis-in-law...she's got a black/tan 2005 Odyssey that looks like that or maybe even a little worse.

You are right, they are huge! I couldn't believe all the leather either. I mean every possible part of the seats that could be covered were. Not to mention in the sides of the doors and the rear. Definitely took a few more hours than I expected.

And no I don't think it was hers, as this one was white. :)

Ive always wanted to do this to my sister's Odyssey, but her carpet is so bad im thinking i would need to just take out the seats and replace the whole thing. She joked about giving me the van when i started to have kids and this was the first thing i thought of doing when i got it :) Looks good though.