Been waiting for this, columbus skyline

Tractor

Since I moved here and thought about taking a photo of columbus this angle hadn't been possible due to the bridge construction. Finally I can take photos there too:-)

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/EWhytsell/IMG_2238.jpg

It wasn't the best evening to shoot it so me making the noob mistake of leaving my camera in JPG mode wasn't the worst thing I could have done though it really limited my editing. I had hoped to fake a nice low humidity fall evening in PS, but oh well I'll just wait for one and do it right.

lol, here's the view from down the river. I took this one last fall and have a 12x18 printed on metallic paper displayed at my house.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/EWhytsell/Columbus.jpg

Damn those are nice pics, I'd love to have those framed on my wall, seriously. I'll have to try some similar shots.

The second one is a 10 second exposure at F/8 at about 20:10 on Sept. 12th. The tripod had a leg in the river too:-) Would love to get one from up on the railroad bridge, but I couldn't pull it off.

The second one is a 10 second exposure at F/8 at about 20:10 on Sept. 12th. The tripod had a leg in the river too:-) Would love to get one from up on the railroad bridge, but I couldn't pull it off.

I need to get a tripod. I love taking long exposure shots at night, just something that I love about them.

Cant tell, but on my iMac i can usually see grain really easily. Is there some grain in the sky of the second picture? Or is that just typical jpeg compression bullshit?

There is a touch of grain in the fullsize raw though JPEG compression + web color conversion done in the browser probably make it much more apparent.

Cmon butty. You should know a mac has better color correction than a Pc. :dumb:

You edit it on a pc?

I'll do the first angle at the same time as the second one in a few months. Waiting for the sun to move south to make the sunset more even.

PM Me when you're going. I'd also like to hit up the new 1 mile of fountains and the stuff they just completed. I may go with the family during the day in a couple weeks. Going anywhere there at night I prefer to have more than just me and my gear for safety reasons.