Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched a bit of the first half and none of the second half.

Checked score this morning and laughed. Read how LSU had 92 yards of offense and laughed even harder.

Now, do we get to harass LSU incessantly about being overrated, pathetic, choke-artists just like Ohio State got after the 2006 NCG?

Also, how exactly does ESPN spin this one? Where was all that SEC speeeeeed for LSU?

And, when I'm done being bitter, I wonder if LSU didn't enter this game kind of like OSU did in 2006: everyone was telling them that they have it in the bag, people were saying they could lose a close game and still get an AP championship, etc. I think Ohio State entered the 2006 completely overconfident, and I wonder if LSU didn't feel the same.

Imagine if you're LSU - you have to be like, "What did we have to play for? We already beat this team once on their field. We're the only team this year that hasn't lost. Why are we even being made to play this game anyway?"

i watched the whole game. it sucked. if given the choice over again, i'd rather watch an episode of kourtney and kim take new york. kicking myself for not going out to the garage to work on my '85 GT.

LSU looked completely aweful. i don't think the two best teams played last night

Idk, I have a ton of friends that are die hard football fans who refused to watch it, a lot of people on the boards are saying they didn't watch either.

Yeah, I'm a die hard college football guy and didn't watch it and know plenty of people around here who did the same but I'm sure SEC country watched it in record numbers as they licked their reflections in their mirrors and jerked themselves off.

Les Miles on the AP "that's up to the voters" ... YES. Total fucking chaos. I want a split championship. Nao pleez? Okie for spite?

AP is already out, I think: (1) Bama (2) LSU (3) Ok State

:(

Was hoping for chaos as well.

Only hope: BCS committee is meeting today to discuss things. Hopefully some semblance of a playoff comes out of it. Probably won't, but that won't keep me from wishing.

i watched the whole game. it sucked. if given the choice over again, i'd rather watch an episode of kourtney and kim take new york. kicking myself for not going out to the garage to work on my '85 GT.

LSU looked completely aweful. i don't think the two best teams played last night

Did the crowd ever start chanting "SEC SEC" ?

AP is already out, I think: (1) Bama (2) LSU (3) Ok State

:(

Was hoping for chaos as well.

Only hope: BCS committee is meeting today to discuss things. Hopefully some semblance of a playoff comes out of it. Probably won't, but that won't keep me from wishing.

I am disappoint.

However if there no plus 1 at minimum, I will personally start a riot up in Ann Armor.

I hope Urban brings OSU out in 2013 and we have a shot, take LSU or Bama to the NCG and give them a longdicking.

Next question: With all this talk of not wanting a playoff setup versus the current BCS setup because less draw and less money, is the NCAA student athlete nothing more than an indentured servant? Perhaps even a slave? The system is clearly broken, and shortchanges the fans, the student, and pads the pockets of the sponsors and NCAA.

I am disappoint.

However if there no plus 1 at minimum, I will personally start a riot up in Ann Armor.

I wonder what the Plus 1 would look like this year? I'd guess there'd still be controversy, insofar as, I'd think, both Oregon and Oklahoma State would have fairly sound arguments for getting to face Alabama in the NCG. However, didn't Oregon lose twice? So maybe I'm resolving my own non-issue here: it would be Ok State to face Alabama for national championship if there was a Plus 1 this year. Is my thinking right on this?

I hope Urban brings OSU out in 2013 and we have a shot, take LSU or Bama to the NCG and give them a longdicking.

Next question: With all this talk of not wanting a playoff setup versus the current BCS setup because less draw and less money, is the NCAA student athlete nothing more than an indentured servant? Perhaps even a slave? The system is clearly broken, and shortchanges the fans, the student, and pads the pockets of the sponsors and NCAA.

Haven't the analyses demonstrated that a playoff would actually create more money than the current BCS? I know, that doesn't diminish your point about us exploiting "student" athletes, but I'm just saying.

Haven't the analyses demonstrated that a playoff would actually create more money than the current BCS? I know, that doesn't diminish your point about us exploiting "student" athletes, but I'm just saying.

Possibly, but that's the argument i keep hearing. "Less money will be generated from the playoff system, blah blah".

But yes, I guess my main question is whether or not the student is somewhat of an indentured servant, or slave. Bound by the rules of the NCAA, which are ridiculous.

Example: Posey gets paid what, $2 more dollars per hour than he was supposed to make, so he gets suspended for more games? Guess what, in the real world, I know tons of people who are overpaid.

Several others, but that is just one example.

A true playoff would generate roughly 2 to 3 times as much revenue as the BCS(estimates as high as 750mill). Playing playoff games at the higher seeded home would save the university from having to pony up for tickets that usually cost them money, while saving us from paying ridiculous travel packages to watch a game.

It's not about money to the universities, it's about the old boys club protecting their friends, and city's wanting to protect tourism.

Possibly, but that's the argument i keep hearing. "Less money will be generated from the playoff system, blah blah".

But yes, I guess my main question is whether or not the student is somewhat of an indentured servant, or slave. Bound by the rules of the NCAA, which are ridiculous.

Example: Posey gets paid what, $2 more dollars per hour than he was supposed to make, so he gets suspended for more games? Guess what, in the real world, I know tons of people who are overpaid.

Several others, but that is just one example.

Yeah, it's definitely waaaaaaay hypocritical of the NCAA to do what they do. You'll get no argument from me about that.

A true playoff would generate roughly 2 to 3 times as much revenue as the BCS(estimates as high as 750mill). Playing playoff games at the higher seeded home would save the university from having to pony up for tickets that usually cost them money, while saving us from paying ridiculous travel packages to watch a game.

It's not about money to the universities, it's about the old boys club protecting their friends, and city's wanting to protect tourism.

Agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed.

And you see what I did there?

I'm a big time SEC hater as much as anybody and chaos would have been sweet. But there is no way anyone can actually make an argument for oklahoma state.....I mean they almost lost to stanford :dumb: IMO possibly the most overrated team in college football maybe behind Va Tech. If Alabama was to play Oklahoma State I think it would have been around 38-10 or so.

The difference between Oklahoma State and LSU is Okie State has an offense!! LSU has a defense and thats it, I mean that was shown last night when they gained 92 yards with all that SEC speed haha. The spin is "Alabama has 7 guys that will be playing on sundays next year lining up on defense". There is always an excuse from ESEC when it comes to their conference.

In fairness to Oklahoma State they did face a really good QB and a stanford team that isn't horrible by any means. Their regular season loss came on the road, in overtime a couple days after tragedy struck their school. Saban is a fucking douche, all his interviews he kept saying "you gotta look at the whole body of work", ok you had the same amount of losses as a lot of other schools plus you didnt even win your division.

Oh well season is over with, next thing to look forward to is national signing day and then the spring game!