Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you trying to state that they are equal to tOSU? or even relatively close?

no you fucking twat... go back and read...

Keep in mind, I wasnt picking on OSU, I could have used dozens of other "big name football" schools. I chose them since most of htis forum is familiar with them. The point was to show that UC and the top of hte BE can 'hang' with the rest of college football (AQ'ers) and belong... not that we are superior.

He played DB at Cincy, name me 1 other not named Urban Meyer who is known as a football player over being known as a coach....

BTW your claim that the Big Least is a solid conference went out the window when Utah beat Pitt....

The Big Least is terrible in BCS bowl games, you take away Miami and West Virginia's victories and I think the conference hasn't won anymore. If you wanna get technical you can add Va Techs losses in BCS games while they were part of the Big East as well... The Big East and ACC are basketball conferences..

take away Miami and West Virginia's victories and I think the conference hasn't won anymore..

That's the dumbest fucking argument. Take away the BE team that had the BCS bid for that year and they don't fair well... imagine that.

Let me turn that on you to show you how dumb it is. I would declare the the B1G is shit worthless agains the SEC, because OSU is like 1-10 against them in the last decade. Therefore the B1G is horrible and sucks compared to the SEC.

See how stupid that sounds?

He played DB at Cincy, name me 1 other who is known as a football player over being known as a coach.....

Brent Celek

No I threw in the not a coach because UC doesn't produce note worthy football players...and no thats not a dumb arugment. Should we start name dropping former assistants from B10 schools? We dont have enough time to list all the players from OSU let alone the entire big10 that have gone on to great NFL success.

Your stating that OSU is terrible against the SEC has no bearing on the conference as a whole. The Big10 has faired well in BCS games compared to the Big East. You do realize that the B10 is 2nd behind the SEC in overall BCS bowl victories right?

SEC: 15-6

Pac 10: 10-4

Big 10 12-13

Big East 7-7

Big 12: 8-11

A couple of the Big10 games shouldn't have ever been ala Illinois vs USC!!

We get it, you love the Big East and Cincy football, you're the only one though haha. I will say this Isah Pead is pretty good, OSU should've recruited him!

I will say this Isah Pead is pretty good, OSU should've recruited him!

They did recruit him they just didn't offer him. They wanted to offer him as a CB but he wanted to play RB so they parted ways. He's done well for himself at Cincy.

And Noah Spence had a beast game tonight in the UA All-American game. At least 2 sacks, 4 TFL, FF and he pressured one of the QB's into an INT. And after his first 2 sacks he was pretty much held the rest of the night because it was the OT's only chance. There will be a lot of talented young guys at DL next season at OSU and he's got a real shot to play because he brings something there isn't much of at all right now and that's speed off the edge. It's his only real "move" right now but it's perfect since OSU doesn't currently have it.

he's got a real shot to play because he brings something there isn't much of at all right now and that's speed off the edge. It's his only real "move" right now but it's perfect since OSU doesn't currently have it.

Well they were missing Williams all season. Whoever is coming in will just rotate in as his backup.

Anyone else think the helmets in the game confirmed that the matte helmet is the new hype?

Baylor's Matte helmets were the best looking ones I have seen thus far IMO

Well they were missing Williams all season. Whoever is coming in will just rotate in as his backup.

Yeah, once Williams went down their sole speed rusher was gone. Really, their sole DE. I don't know if OSU will continue to just have 1 speed rushing DE under Meyer. I think we all remember the rush coming from both sides against OSU in the 2006 title game with Harvey and Moss who were both relatively undersized.