Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

I hope Urban brings OSU out in 2013 and we have a shot, take LSU or Bama to the NCG and give them a longdicking.

Next question: With all this talk of not wanting a playoff setup versus the current BCS setup because less draw and less money, is the NCAA student athlete nothing more than an indentured servant? Perhaps even a slave? The system is clearly broken, and shortchanges the fans, the student, and pads the pockets of the sponsors and NCAA.

http://tiny.cc/2p783

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank Tim Tebow! The TV ratings were the lowest for a title game in the BCS era.

Thinking about it some more, the entire south can watch that game all they want but they weren't going to get anyone from a truly large market to watch that game (Chicago, NY, LA, etc.). Filled with B1G and Pac 12 alums who probably didn't want to go near that game. TV rating was a 13.8, previous low for a title game was Miami-Nebraska in the 2002 Rose Bowl with a 14.3.

Another BCS rating note, the Orange Bowl between WVU and Clemson was the lowest rated game in BCS history with an abysmal 4.5.

Ratings are down across the board and I thought that may be the case when it was mentioned that the BCS was immediately looking at ways to "improve" their system this morning.

Thank Tim Tebow! The TV ratings were the lowest for a title game in the BCS era.

Thinking about it some more, the entire south can watch that game all they want but they weren't going to get anyone from a truly large market to watch that game (Chicago, NY, LA, etc.). Filled with B1G and Pac 12 alums who probably didn't want to go near that game. TV rating was a 13.8, previous low for a title game was Miami-Nebraska in the 2002 Rose Bowl with a 14.3.

Another BCS rating note, the Orange Bowl between WVU and Clemson was the lowest rated game in BCS history with an abysmal 4.5.

Ratings are down across the board and I thought that may be the case when it was mentioned that the BCS was immediately looking at ways to "improve" their system this morning.

Do you have the article for proof of this? I'd just like to have some sort of proof for when I post it on this southern forum lol.

More fun from the title game...

http://i.imgur.com/Z3eut.jpg

The guy standing next to Trent Richardson on the sidelines in that picture? None other than Tom Al-Betar. Who is Tom Al-Betar you ask? He's the owner of T-Town Menswear (some hoopla over the summer regarding this place using Bama players' signed memorabilia to advertise/promote his store and how the Bama players have such nice suits from his store) and... oh by the way... he's been disassociated from the program. Nice of them to let a disassociated booster on the sidelines like that. But like the stories flying out of Alabama over the summer regarding the suits and memorabilia I'm positive nothing will come from this.

This is awesome. Fuck you SEC and fuck off ESPN. You can 69 each other all you want, but you can't ignore the fact that the rest of the country is sick of your asses.

Ratings = money, and we all know what's king.

The guy standing next to Trent Richardson on the sidelines in that picture? None other than Tom Al-Betar. Who is Tom Al-Betar you ask? He's the owner of T-Town Menswear (some hoopla over the summer regarding this place using Bama players' signed memorabilia to advertise/promote his store and how the Bama players have such nice suits from his store) and... oh by the way... he's been disassociated from the program. Nice of them to let a disassociated booster on the sidelines like that. But like the stories flying out of Alabama over the summer regarding the suits and memorabilia I'm positive nothing will come from this.

OSU would have been banned from conference championships/bowl games for the next 3 years and been fined $boss. I lol'd.

http://i.imgur.com/Z3eut.jpg

Hmmm, interesting fact.

Anyone know what the highest rated BCS games have been? Wondering how the OSU games stack up in those.

http://www.bcsfootball.org/news/story?id=4819384

Doesn't have this year's games yet.

Looking at that list the Alabama article is either incorrect or not counting the 2004 title game between OU-USC because it was vacated because it had a 13.7.

http://www.bcsfootball.org/news/story?id=4819384

Doesn't have this year's games yet.

Looking at that list the Alabama article is either incorrect or not counting the 2004 title game between OU-USC because it was vacated because it had a 13.7.

Thanks for the link.

Yup, was how I figured it would be: highest ranking went to USC-Texas NCG with a lot of games close to that featuring Ohio State. No wonder we get so many at-large BCS bids.

Thanks for the link.

Yup, was how I figured it would be: highest ranking went to USC-Texas NCG with a lot of games close to that featuring Ohio State. No wonder we get so many at-large BCS bids.

Haha, yep. Was pretty funny in 2005 when people were freaking out about OSU maybe not getting an at-large bid because I think Cal was ranked 4th or 5th in the country the year before in a slightly similar situation and they were left out. Reasonable people were just like... are you kidding me? We're OSU. We bring the ultimate combo of being a great traveling fan base and those who can't/won't travel will be glued to their TV. Bowl committees drool over selecting OSU. Maybe not so much this year and obviously not next year (:lolguy:) but in the BCS era I don't think there has been a safer pick if you wanted to bring the dollars to your bowl game.

I watched the game and wanted to shoot myself. Jefferson is a fucking TERRIBLE quarterback, and Les Miles might be half retarded. I hate both teams but I was so glad bama won. LSU didn't deserve to win with that pathetic ass offense, bad playcalling, and mentally defective coaching staff. Fuck LSU.

Another thought: LSU has now played Alabama twice and has yet to score a TD.

Not sure how exactly LSU fans can claim they have the best team when you can't manage to score a single TD in two games.

One could thus make a point that Kent State is better than LSU. Kent State went to Tuscaloosa and scored a TD on Alabama this season.