Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

same with Miami, players get a 1 game suspension and back on the field no sanctions or anything, all we hear about that story is its not far for a new coach to loose his players or entire program his 1st year there, its fucking stupid that the NC double assholes are hammering us for petty shit.

Aren't they still investigating newton?

It's going to take years like the Bush thing did and the NCAA will eventually either just give up or have to make huge decisions based on shaky info (like the USC case).

The Miami thing is still being mulled over by the NCAA as well.

The problem Ohio State has right now is it employs 2 gigantic attention whores. Gene Smith and Gordon Gee. Why does every little thing that comes out have to have a press conference? Oregon is still being investigated as well for Chip Kelly allegedly paying $25k to Willie Lyles for influence on Texas HS players. But no one talks about those things anymore because their administrations are competent. They put out a simple press release and shut their mouths. OSU goes out and says stupid shit like "I hope he doesn't fire me" and "we have the best compliance department in the country."

This Posey thing is a mess though. Apparently he was approved by compliance to work a $15/hr job for that guy then started doing a different job for him at $17/hr. So that $2/hr extra is considered an improper benefit. He actually worked the hours but because he didn't get the $2/hr extra approved he gets in trouble. Also about 5 hours (yes, 5 hours) back in 2009 can't seem to be accounted for even though Posey and his attorney have phone bills and receipts seemingly proving that he worked those 5 hours. The NCAA supposedly just ignored all of that.

^^ Same thing I have read regarding Posey. Anyone still thinking tOSU is going to get off with just a slap on the wrist by the NCAA? I look for huge sanctions worse then what USC got. I will guess they go with the self imposed sanctions, plus a few years of bowl banning, a ton of loss schollies.

This Posey thing is a mess though. Apparently he was approved by compliance to work a $15/hr job for that guy then started doing a different job for him at $17/hr. So that $2/hr extra is considered an improper benefit. He actually worked the hours but because he didn't get the $2/hr extra approved he gets in trouble. Also about 5 hours (yes, 5 hours) back in 2009 can't seem to be accounted for even though Posey and his attorney have phone bills and receipts seemingly proving that he worked those 5 hours. The NCAA supposedly just ignored all of that.

Also supposedly he used coupons at a golf course that entitled him to 50% off of rounds of golf that somone gave him and the NCAA decided that they can put monetary value on something that says "has no monetary value"

^^ Same thing I have read regarding Posey. Anyone still thinking tOSU is going to get off with just a slap on the wrist by the NCAA? I look for huge sanctions worse then what USC got. I will guess they go with the self imposed sanctions, plus a few years of bowl banning, a ton of loss schollies.

I'm still pretty optimistic that there will be no bowl ban (not that it matters this year) and very minimal scholarship losses if any. USC there was no one left to punish but the program because of how long it took them to get everything together because USC didn't really cooperate with the NCAA. Here they've already punished all the kids involved and the coach which has led to the program suffering as evidenced on the field this season.

You can keep up with it via gamecast on ESPN...

OSU is looking a hell of a lot better then last week thus far. Hopefully they can put 7 more points on the board this drive.

Oh btw wheres the Michigan fans at? Northwestern is putting it to your boys lol

http://www.stream2watch.tv and tethering with my phone. So ghetto, but it works.

And how about that 3rd string RB??