Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

Ohio state will have a hard time winning this game. I still dont' think they will go .500

Let me tell you how to beat Ohio State, stack the box. Their pack of failbus QB's can't throw a ball to hit the side of a fat chick in the Easton Walmart. If the O-line could open a hole like they open a box of twinkies they might be ok.

I hope I am wrong but I see Ohio State losing this game by at least a touchdown. Then again it is IL and they are a paper tiger...

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what happens if/when he goes to the NFL? I have heard a lot of excuses with sports, but the ball being too big is one of the best. Maybe its the fact that he trys rocketing the ball Brett Favre style every damn pass. The kid throws one of the worst looking balls I have seen. In a highlight film every pass is great looking, I am curious if he had issues with lame duck looking passes, it'd be interesting to hear from a former WR of his in highschool.

No matter the size of balls Miller prefers I dont think it changes the outcome much if any of the games they lost. I question his toughness a little bit too, an ankle sprain doesn't heal that much over 6 days yet he is able to start this week? All he had to do was stay in the game, hand the ball off to Hyde/Hall and make 1 or 2 passes and OSU wins vs Nebraska. Maybe its the "I am a Braxton Miller hater" inside of me coming out, but I am still not overly impressed with this kid.

If Boom doesn't get a ton of carries this week Fickell should resign. People bitched and bitched about how Tress never played the best guy, well let me tell ya Boom is the best back. Look at his numbers from last year and through out his career, he's good. I like Hyde being the backup and getting a lot of carries too. Hall is way too small to try running up the gut like they have been, he needs to be used in a Percy Harvin/Reggie Bush type role. Which I have heard rumors of him playing some WR.

I watched a few full games of his when they were on ESPN and STO his senior year and he was hampered after the first game of last season with an ankle injury which forced him to become more of a passer. He threw a nice ball consistently. And like I said, the OSU coaches wouldn't have made the switch if they didn't think it made a pretty big difference.

No one said it changes the outcome of games they lost. :confused:

And I don't know if Boom should get the most carries but he should definitely be the #2 back behind Hyde IMO. Hyde has improved a TON from the first week to now. Really showing an ability to find lanes and make cuts instead of just getting the yards the offensive line was moving the defensive line like he was against Akron and Toledo. The 63-yarder was glorious. And have also read stuff about Hall at WR. I think that plan was hindered a bit when 1) he was suspended for 2 games and 2) Roderick Smith showed he didn't know how to secure the football at this level. With Boom back they can try putting Hall in the slot like I know they wanted to. Should be a nice help with Reed out now and Posey gone until the 2nd to last week.

its not like Braxton single handidly put the team on his back and lead them to a 21 point lead. While he was a part of it he wasn't spectacular.

Wat? Wasn't spectacular? He had nearly 200 yards of total offense in just over a half of play. Getting that out of a true freshman in his first road start in a night game against an opponent ranked in the top 15? Relatively spectacular. I was in awe over what I was watching in that first half against Nebraska. Was in awe over what I watched the second half as well though...lol. I don't think we'll get that kind of performance consistently out of him the rest of the season by any means but what he did in that first half against Nebraska was pretty special.

Beanie wells injured his foot a ton and everyone was calling him weak even though he was damn near fist to fist with Tress before the USC game in Cali over it.

Not sure where you got that story but it's almost completely contrary to what I had heard. Beanie took himself out of games a lot more than he should have. He really toughed it out at times (2007 Michigan game being a prime example) but in 2008 he pussed out because he was scared for his NFL future.

The Beanie story is a well known story, I am actually suprised you never heard of that. ""I'm not sure he'll ever speak to me again, [but] I think it's the right thing to do," Tressel said."- in regards to telling Beanie he was not playing against USC in 08.

No I was not overly impressed by Braxton, he had 95 yards rushing 29 of those on 1 play, he had 95 yards throwing, 1 of those on a 30+ TD pass that Stoneburner did all the work on, so again no not overly impressed. I too watched him play in highschool and I thought then "wow this kid will sit a couple years in college".

BTW how about this power conference lol

"IRVING, Texas/COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - The Mountain West Conference and Conference USA have unanimously come to an agreement in principle to consolidate their member football programs into one large association.

Commissioners of the two leagues formulated this creative and innovative plan with the support of the presidents, chancellors and athletics directors. The 12 members of Conference USA and 10 football-playing members of the Mountain West will join forces for this strategic landmark in college football.

"The role of a conference is to provide its members with the best possible environment in which to conduct their intercollegiate athletics programs," said Mountain West Commissioner Craig Thompson. "Rather than await changes in membership due to realignment, it became clear the best way to serve our institutions was to pursue an original concept. The Mountain West and C-USA share a number of similarities, and the creative merger of our football assets firmly positions our respective members for the future."

"The potential of this association is very exciting," Conference USA Commissioner Britton Banowsky said. "By taking an innovative approach, we feel we can offer tremendous opportunities for exposure and stability without breaking up the regional rivalries that truly make up the college football tradition."

UNLV President and Mountain West Board of Directors Chair Neal Smatresk said, "In an era of uncertainty in intercollegiate athletics, this collaborative partnership with C-USA lends stability and credibility to our collective football enterprise. We are excited about the prospect of having teams in five time zones and the many possibilities created by this extremely bold and proactive step."

Conference USA Board of Directors Chair and Tulane president Scott Cowen said, "We are very pleased to be moving forward with the Mountain West Conference on this high potential, unique partnership. Together, we will better position our conferences and member universities for the future with its appeal and its reach across the United States."

The current 22 members are located in 16 different states, offering a prospective 16-hour window for competition. Conference USA has existing television partnerships with Fox Sports and CBS Sports, as well as ESPN for its championship game. The Mountain West has partnerships with CBS Sports and Comcast/NBC Universal.

The two conferences will merge into a separate football-only entity without affecting their status within the NCAA structure."

You think Tressel was going to throw his star RB under the bus after that USC game? I'm telling you, Beanie pulled out of that game.

The ideal scenario would have had Pryor starting this year (obviously) with Braxton playing sparingly to get some experience or maybe even redshirting. The fact that he was able to do what he did in Lincoln in just over a half of work was awesome IMO. I mean, you admitted you're a bit of a Braxton hater so he's going to have to probably win the Heisman before you start to even think of considering him a decent player...lol.

Ohio state will have a hard time winning this game. I still dont' think they will go .500

Let me tell you how to beat Ohio State, stack the box. Their pack of failbus QB's can't throw a ball to hit the side of a fat chick in the Easton Walmart. If the O-line could open a hole like they open a box of twinkies they might be ok.

I hope I am wrong but I see Ohio State losing this game by at least a touchdown. Then again it is IL and they are a paper tiger...

OSU 1st pass at 7:22 of the second quarter, and it was not caught....

I see IL driving it down OSUs throat like a good Peter North movie. Chokeyes are back maybe?

15 play drive goes in osu's favor... granted a fg would have been better. They ran out half the quarter down by 3 scores. 3 minutes of good offense and we win. IL isnt looking like a 1 play threat.

I will agree with this statement. Question is can OSU stop the bleeding? Can they move the ball? WHO DOES NUMBER 2 WORK FOR?!?!

No clue :mad:

Damn if they dont stop being idiots on offense!!!! Why switch to a cold back!!!!! We have the worst coaches in crunch time

..... ok, now Im complaining

No clue :mad:

Damn if they dont stop being idiots on offense!!!! Why switch to a cold back!!!!! We have the worst coaches in crunch time

..... ok, now Im complaining

If they loose this game I am going to laugh my ass off. IL is really not that good, the OSU coaching staff is making them look amazing.

Nice punt, here comes another 7