Colorado

Indiana

Purdue

Illinois

Michigan St

Michigan

Northwestern

Penn St

^^ All teams Boise would beat week in and week out. Hell i'd even toss in Nebraska and Wisconsin too....Boise would be 3-0 right now instead of 2-1, I would put any ammount of money on that.

Boise State would get beaten up more than they've ever been beaten up if they played a stretch of @Miami, Colorado, MSU, @Nebraska, @Illinois, Wisconsin like we are in right now. I'd love to see how they'd do but it's just not possible. Instead Boise State had all off-season to prepare for wrongfully ranked Georgia. They then took 2 weeks off and got to play a beaten up and emotionally deflated Toledo team. Now they get to play a beaten up Tulsa team coming off a game that went on until almost 3AM (weather delays) against top 10 Oklahoma State. After that? They get a rebuilding Nevada squad who will be coming off a game against another BCS opponent and has already lost by 7 TD's to Oregon. Then they get Fresno State who had a decent showing in Lincoln but they're already 1-2 and will likely be 2-3 by the time the Broncos come to town. After that Boise gets 4 weeks rest by playing Colorado State, Air Force and UNLV with a bye week mixed in. A small challenge against a rebuilding TCU squad who gave up 50 to Baylor in their season opener. Then virtually 3 more weeks off to end the season against San Diego State, Wyoming and New Mexico.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2002- 12-1

2003- 13-1

2004- 11-1

2005- 9-4

2006- 13-0

2007- 10-3

2008- 12-1 (lossed bowl game to #11 TCU)

2009- 14-0 (beat #4 TCU in bowl game)

2010- 12-1

2011- currently 2-0

In that span they have beaten the following teams:

#19 UGA- SEC

#10 Va Tech- ACC

#24 Oregon St- Pac 10/12

#19 Utah

#16 Oregon- Pac 10 Champs!

#17 Oregon- Pac 10/12

#4 TCU

Oklahoma- Big 12

Oregon St (twice)- Pac 10/12

Looks to me like they can play with and beat teams from BCS conferences....

108 win and 11 losses, think about that for a second, that is insane, not to mention 1 home loss in that time span as well....

awaiting your counter argument lol

You act as if suddenly Colorado is some powerhouse team? Michigan St got exposed for being a fraud by ND of all teams, I'll give you Wisky and Nebraska but like I said I would pick Boise over them no matter when those games were played, and Illinois? You really just used Illinois as an example, wow times are really getting rough here in Buckeye land when we start referring to Illinois in a sentence that included tough stretch

Colorado won 5 games last year for fucks sake and are 0-2 this year.

Just saw this on my FB from Ohio St: OSU vs MSU is a 3:30 start time, when is the last time OSU had back to back 3:30 start times? Wierd scheduling hours this year, 2 night games (maybe 3, though there was 1 other outside of Miami and Wisky) and so far 2 3:30 games...

It's not reasonable at all to assume the inverse would be true because there is too great a difference between the quality of the teams on the schedule.

How are you defining quality? Seems like Boise State has probably played a tougher schedule than Ohio State this year.

How are you defining quality? Seems like Boise State has probably played a tougher schedule than Ohio State this year.

Boise St's opponents record thus far vs Ohio St's lol

Boise:

1-2 UGA

1-2 Toledo

OSU:

1-1 Miami

1-2 Toledo

0-3 Akron

Gauntlet schedule for OSU, let me tell ya lol

Guys need to stop using just OSU and just this season for your data/comparisons. alittlelessordinary listed their "quality wins" above. 7 wins over ranked opponents in 10 years... ALERT THE PRESS...lol. And those are rankings at the time they played. Georgia should not have been ranked this year and they won't be at the end of the season. That's just one example.

And I'm not saying Colorado is a powerhouse. They just happen to be in this stretch OSU is in that I'm not so sure Boise would survive. Boise would have 100% lost to Toledo had they been without 12 or so players from their 2-deep like OSU was against Toledo.

To show how ridiculous the Boise State ranked wins thing is... I only had to go back through 2008 to find 8 OSU wins over ranked opponents.

By the end of the season OSU will have played a much tougher schedule. That's just a fact.

I can't geographically move Boise. I'm sorry...lol. And this year... I think they could maybe win the Pac 12. They probably wouldn't win the Big 12. No shot in the SEC. They'd have a shot in the Big 10. In none of these conferences would they be the favorite. But this is a special year for Boise. They have a bunch of 5th year seniors including their QB and their entire DL. That's how Boise works. They redshirt just about everyone and when their really good players are in their 4th and 5th years they have some really good teams. What happens next season when they're breaking in a ton of new guys who are 2nd/3rd year players? They'd go .500 in a BCS conference. What happens where they are now? They go 10-3 like they did in 2007...lol.

Take out Boise and replace with Team X and you have the FBS.

???

I fail to see what the problem is with what you said. Most everyone does that. Case in point: look how poorly Ohio State is doing this season.

Guys need to stop using just OSU and just this season for your data/comparisons. alittlelessordinary listed their "quality wins" above. 7 wins over ranked opponents in 10 years... ALERT THE PRESS...lol. And those are rankings at the time they played. Georgia should not have been ranked this year and they won't be at the end of the season. That's just one example.

And I'm not saying Colorado is a powerhouse. They just happen to be in this stretch OSU is in that I'm not so sure Boise would survive. Boise would have 100% lost to Toledo had they been without 12 or so players from their 2-deep like OSU was against Toledo.

To show how ridiculous the Boise State ranked wins thing is... I only had to go back through 2008 to find 8 OSU wins over ranked opponents.

By the end of the season OSU will have played a much tougher schedule. That's just a fact.

You just told us to stop using OSU as an example and then you close by using OSU as an example.

BTW, discrediting Boise by saying Georgia shouldn't have been ranked and then pointing out how many ranked teams Ohio State has beaten is a bit hypocritical. What, the rankings for the ranked teams that Ohio State beat were legit, but Boise's aren't?

Take out Boise and replace with Team X and you have the FBS.

???

I fail to see what the problem is with what you said. Most everyone does that. Case in point: look how poorly Ohio State is doing this season.

At which part? Most everyone does what? If you're talking about redshirting EVERYONE (and I mean EVERYONE) only low-level BCS schools do that. OSU is currently playing something like 12 true freshmen. After the 2006 season OSU replaced a Heisman-winning QB, the starting RB, I think 3 starting offensive linemen, 2 NFL wide receivers and that was just the offensive side of the ball. What did OSU do in 2007? Went back to the national title game. Boise State cannot even do that in their little, non-BCS conference. Examples being 2005 and 2007 where they lost 4 and 3 games. Those numbers double in a BCS conference. They just can't reload like the elite of the BCS can. OSU this season is a ridiculous anomaly. Had the NCAA stuff never happened we'd be #1 or #2 in the country right now. Having guys removed and suspended, including a legendary head coach, somewhat unexpectedly is a little different than having players graduate or leave early for the NFL.

You just told us to stop using OSU as an example and then you close by using OSU as an example.

BTW, discrediting Boise by saying Georgia shouldn't have been ranked and then pointing out how many ranked teams Ohio State has beaten is a bit hypocritical. What, the rankings for the ranked teams that Ohio State beat were legit, but Boise's aren't?

I used OSU and the ranked thing because he did to show just how ridiculous it is. Using the same data and qualifications you only have to go back through the 2008 season to see OSU outdo Boise State in that regard.

At which part? Most everyone does what? If you're talking about redshirting EVERYONE (and I mean EVERYONE) only low-level BCS schools do that. OSU is currently playing something like 12 true freshmen. After the 2006 season OSU replaced a Heisman-winning QB, the starting RB, I think 3 starting offensive linemen, 2 NFL wide receivers and that was just the offensive side of the ball. What did OSU do in 2007? Went back to the national title game. Boise State cannot even do that in their little, non-BCS conference. Examples being 2005 and 2007 where they lost 4 and 3 games. Those numbers double in a BCS conference. They just can't reload like the elite of the BCS can. OSU this season is a ridiculous anomaly. Had the NCAA stuff never happened we'd be #1 or #2 in the country right now. Having guys removed and suspended, including a legendary head coach, somewhat unexpectedly is a little different than having players graduate or leave early for the NFL.

I'm fairly certain Boise doesn't redshirt EVERYONE. And I'm also fairly certain that, minus all the suspensions, Ohio State wouldn't be starting 12 true freshman.

Also, everyone knows Ohio State didn't belong in the title game in 2007. I'm a diehard OSU homer and even I can admit that.

Haha agreed, he'll prob come out looking like he did against Akron and everyone will be back on board the bandwagon but then he'll repeat the Miami game against MSU and it'll start to go downhill all over. Sad thing is this isnt the worst QB situation OSU has had in the last 30 years. Theres a thread on scout that shows just how bad some other years have been lol

Haha agreed, he'll prob come out looking like he did against Akron and everyone will be back on board the bandwagon but then he'll repeat the Miami game against MSU and it'll start to go downhill all over. Sad thing is this isnt the worst QB situation OSU has had in the last 30 years. Theres a thread on scout that shows just how bad some other years have been lol

Okay, so now I'm thinking of bad QB situations at Ohio State that I can remember:

- Steve Bellisari comes to mind. He was the opposite of good.

- Justin Zwick? I mean, back then, we thought he was terrible (and he certainly didn't meet his expectations), but I'd trade for him in a second over Bauserman.

- Stanley Jackson/Joe Germaine? I didn't like the two QB system then, but that was kind of a "good" problem to have: both QB's would be ultra-upgrades over what we have now.

Who you got?

Big gmes this weekend as far as poll rankings and BCS implications go. Who ya got?

#14 Arkansas vs #3 Alabama

#11 Florida St vs #21 Clemson

#7 Oklahoma St vs #8 Texas A&M

#2 LSU vs #16 West Virginia

Possible Upset games:

#23 USC loses to Arizona St

#1 Oklahoma loses to Missouri

#23 Michigan loses to San Diego St :)

If not for something then something wouldn't have happened, it's that simple. I mean, if so and so played whose-its before halloween, on a clear day with optimal barometric pressure, surely so and so would've played to their deep down inside potential. Fucking idiots.