what would you do? ver. new dell problem

so we get home from vacation yesterday and my new dell desktop has arrived. We get all unpacked, and i start the setup process for my new computer. I get everything hooked up and press the power button...that's odd...NOTHING! You can feel that the power button doesn't touch anything inside when its depressed. i figure wtf and go to bed. this morning i wake up and call india. they tell me they can send a tech out in 2-3 days to fix it, or replace it in 14-21 days. what option do you choose?

thanks,

tom

cliffs: spent good money on new dell, its doa, they offer to come to house and fix, or wait 2-3 weeks before sending new unit.

problem with sending a tech is that he is probably just some average joe help desk support personnel who most likely does not have a new switch on hand. He might possibly be able to fix it as is, but your probably going to be out at least another day or two

plug it in

:grin2:

have them send the tech.

I just recieved my new desktop from Dell as well. Can you believe they even make a video card that doesnt support dual monitors! I oredered 2 frickin monitors. You'd think their ordering system might flag that. Had to throw in a new card myself lol

if you still have your old one and could use it for the time being, send the other back. the tech will mostly come out without any spare parts and will pretty much do what you already tried, which is turn it on then say oh it's not working.

They outsource their techs to local pc repair shops who are Dell certified, which means nothing because when they sent the guy to my house and he sat and watched me replace my mother board because he had never done one before. Anyways, they usually send the part to you and then dispatch a tech after the part arrives.