What metro and dog parks do people take their K9 to?

BDHG940

I try to take my pup to alum creek dog park a few times a week. Its getting harder since I don't get out of work till 8:30 and its starting to get dark earlier. There's a bunch of huskies that go there though, so that's why I usually take mine there.

The a dog park just north of hilliard in dublin on cosgrey. during the afternoon hours and on weekends it has a good crowd. Its not as open and doesnt have the water alum does, but its not 45min away from me either.

We also frequent prarie oaks metro park in hillird. They have a large pond with a beach for dogs to swim in and plenty of trails to run or walk your pup. Its much more low key than the dog parks and usually has less than 5 other dogs there. There are also creeks to let them romp around in and just outside of the park boundaries.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=prarie+oaks+park&hl=en&ll=39.998887,-83.248644&spn=0.018575,0.042272&sll=40.005265,-83.145218&sspn=0.142009,0.338173&gl=us&t=h&z=15

my buddie takes his to the dog park off of livingston in whitehall ish.. biggg park and never anyone there plus its got a sectioned off of the lake so they can swim without fear of them going too far

+1, my mom goes there as well with her dog.

I take my dogs swimming at Pleasant Valley Quarry area. There are trails and a piece of the lake the dogs can swim in.

I don't like taking them to the Alum Creek park. The two times we went there previously one of my dogs came home with giardia, which isn't pleasant at all. The one off Livingston has always been pretty nice.

Goodale park is nice. I am not a huge fan of "dog parks" usually because most people have no control whatsoever of their dogs but if I got to a place to work my dog around distractions, Goodale is nice. People are usually friendly and it's a nice park.

Goodale park is nice. I am not a huge fan of "dog parks" usually because most people have no control whatsoever of their dogs but if I got to a place to work my dog around distractions, Goodale is nice. People are usually friendly and it's a nice park.

I hope you keep your dog on a leash at Goodale.

http://parks.columbus.gov/programs.aspx?id=27216

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=563&pictureid=5365

Edited by Trouble Maker

I've taken mine to Antrim Park off of 315. Not really a dog park, but there are always tons of dogs there. My dogs run free, but I can control them... :)

None of what you wrote make it ok for anyone to have their dog off of a leash there.

Also, it's not 'not really a dog park', It's precisely NOT a dog park and there are signs all around the lake stating to keep all dogs on leashes.

Please refer to the flow chart if you are still not sure if it's ok or not.

There are too many other people around there trying to enjoy other activities. It's quite possibly the worst park in the entire city to have your dog off off of a leash due to sheer number of people that pass through that area. FYI, I watched a dog run down a biker, knock her down and bite her at Antrim. So sorry for being a little passionate about this, but it really gets under my skin. Also, I'm not a dog hater by any means. I love dogs, but I hate their owners sometimes.

I hope you keep your dog on a leash at Goodale.

http://parks.columbus.gov/programs.aspx?id=27216

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=563&pictureid=5353

No.

1.) I no longer live in OH and therefore don't have my dogs there anymore.

2.) There was a big huge sign in the middle of the park pertaining to the fact that it was a dog friendly area and it listed all the rules for dogs in the park. I do not recall seeing anything stating all dogs needed to be on a leash. Perhaps things have changed since last summer though...

Also, am I missing something here? I don't see Goodale listed on the link you posted? Unless you are trying to infer that because Goodale is not listed as one of the 3 dog parks designated specifically for dogs, that automatically means all dogs must be on a leash there, in which case, as of my most recent knowledge of the park as expressed above, you would be incorrect.

No.

1.) I no longer live in OH and therefore don't have my dogs there anymore.

2.) There was a big huge sign in the middle of the park pertaining to the fact that it was a dog friendly area and it listed all the rules for dogs in the park. I do not recall seeing anything stating all dogs needed to be on a leash. Perhaps things have changed since last summer though...

Also, am I missing something here? I don't see Goodale listed on the link you posted? Unless you are trying to infer that because Goodale is not listed as one of the 3 dog parks designated specifically for dogs, that automatically means all dogs must be on a leash there, in which case, as of my most recent knowledge of the park as expressed above, you would be incorrect.

Are you just slow? How hard is my flow chart to understand? :no:

my buddie takes his to the dog park off of livingston in whitehall ish.. biggg park and never anyone there plus its got a sectioned off of the lake so they can swim without fear of them going too far

The wife and I go there often, but no longer allow our dogs in the water. Our Great Dane puppy got a UTI and another patron's dog also got an infection from being in that water.