Care for your parents and grandparents: please read

mrs.cos

PLEASE talk to your parents about the kind of care that your parents and grandparents want as they get older. Fighting with your siblings, and other family during this process is soo stressful, for you and for the one who needs the care.

Find out what type of funeral services they want, if they have secondary insurance for nursing home care. My grandma was pretty well off, but after the last 10 years and 3 rounds of cancer treatments, shes starting to have to really be worried about her health care vs her financial situation

Im dealing with a huge amount on my plate right now because while we know what my grandma wants, no one else is being helpful with her care.

Dont do this to the people you love. Dont let them sit in a hospital by themselves, or a nursing facility with no visitation. No one deserves to live their senior lives like that, no matter how uncomfortable it makes you.

One day that could be you, and i know for me, i sure as hell dont want to be alone when dealing with all that is going on when ill.

My Grandma has been in OSU hospital on and off all year for infections that were caused from the radiation treatments she had two years ago for Cancer.

My mom and aunt have been mostly useless, they bring her to appointments, but if she's here in the hospital, neither of them stay with her for more than a few hours then go back to dayton, and expect me to stay the rest of the time. I should point out that my Mom LIVES with my grandma, and my Aunt lives two blocks away. Neither of them work.

I have no issues caring for my grandma, and quite frankly, if she would let me, i would have her live with me, so that I knew she was well taken care of.

Nathan has been very supportive over the last two week of me practically living at the hospital, but all of this is starting to get to me, so this is my PSA.

I see it almost every day...

People also need to be educated on when enough is enough. Keeping someone around for the sake of not being able to let go is ridiculous, selfish and as much as I hate to say it (though it needs to be said), a waste of money.

-Get a living will made up.

-Establish a durable power of attorney for healthcare.

-Figure out what code status you would like to be and get it in writing.

-Keep them somewhere safe, yet accessible to those close to you

-Have your close family do the same.