So what did you get for the holidays?

MrMeanGreen

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cash, a trip anywhere in the world, cable/internet service for a year, house cleaning service for a year.

Probably going to do a Mediterranean cruise for the trip.

IMO if your desire is the mediterranean, choose one general area and stay. That area of the world is so beautiful and has so much history you'll regret doing just a short stay in each place if you're bouncing around a whole lot of ports.

I have a personal bias towards Portugal. You can do the white sand beaches of the south for a resort-ish vacation, Lisboa/Cascais/Sintra for the big city with shopping, historic castles, museums, etc, or the Dao and Douro valleys/Oporto/Castel Branco for the historic winemaking areas. Or you can do a couple weeks and do it all.

I've also done a tour around Spain; Toledo, Granada, Cordoba, Sevilla, Barcelona, Madrid.

IMO it should be every American's duty to visit the beaches of Normandy in northern France.

I've also done a road trip from Munich--Vienna--Linz--Salzburg--Budapest--Prague. One of the coolest trips I've ever done, we visited the Eagle's Nest and Neuschwanstein Castle.

This is all coming from a history nut though, I wanted to see a lot of the Moorish occupation of Iberia and the fallout of WWII.

Family got me a new snowboarding jacket, some giant r/c helicopter, a new helmet for the motorcycle, forza 4, some ae clothing, cash and some decorations for my place. Present to myself: paid off my credit cards and got a Samsung Galaxy. Best of all I got a raise.

Pretty much just got cash. I never know what the hell I want for a gift and I hate telling people when they ask because usually something I do want, isn't in the price range they would have in mind.

also received a couple clothing items and a few gift cards to Rooster's that will go to good use.

got asked for a divorce... so I guess it can be taken either way of being a really shitty xmas, or a great one depending on how it's looked at.

wow that sucks man, sorry to hear about it.

Im the youngest of 5 and there are 4 neices and nephews so far. So we do a grab bag for the adults and everyone buys something for the kids. As for what i got, a new work jacket from Duluth trading co., a keychain and gloves. Being single and an adult at xmas time sucks. Shouldve gotten an xmas gf to keep until December 26th. Oh well.

Being single and an adult at xmas time sucks. Shouldve gotten an xmas gf to keep until December 26th. Oh well.

fuck that. You would just spend a decent amount of money on something she would like and she would get you something stupid that you would never use. Then she would want to go out during New Years and do stuff and you would take her because the guilt of breaking up with her during the holidays, pay for her all night most likely, only end up getting her too drunk to where she passes out and you go to bed without getting laid. From then on she would feel you two are somewhat official and February rolls around. That means you have to take her out for Valentine's day and get her something. Come March she won't want to acknowledge National Steak and BJ Day because you haven't been together long enough. The frustration from this would build up the next two weeks to the point you end up breaking up with her after wasting time and money on some psycho bitch that won't leave you alone for another month or so. If you don't have a girlfriend before mid-November. It's better to just wait until after Valentine's Day and just bang whatever you want the months between.

fuck that. You would just spend a decent amount of money on something she would like and she would get you something stupid that you would never use. Then she would want to go out during New Years and do stuff and you would take her because the guilt of breaking up with her during the holidays, pay for her all night most likely, only end up getting her too drunk to where she passes out and you go to bed without getting laid. From then on she would feel you two are somewhat official and February rolls around. That means you have to take her out for Valentine's day and get her something. Come March she won't want to acknowledge National Steak and BJ Day because you haven't been together long enough. The frustration from this would build up the next two weeks to the point you end up breaking up with her after wasting time and money on some psycho bitch that won't leave you alone for another month or so. If you don't have a girlfriend before mid-November. It's better to just wait until after Valentine's Day and just bang whatever you want the months between.

Duffgtp's Holiday dating guide. :fuckyeah:

+1 Imaginary rep since I don't have rep powers.

This needs to be published in a book and handed out to ALL senior males in high school before they graduate.

HA, awesome. You've really done your homework here.

This is my first single xmas in 3 years so its a bit different. Plus my ex always bought me stuff that i liked in the past but that wouldnt neccessarily be true with someone else.

But your imaginary scenario is definitly possible... and scary.

Couple hundred dollars.

Gift cards to Chipotle, Subway and Bravo.

Small flat screen for the bedroom.

Mag lite flashlights.

New wristwatch.

Beer-Making Kit.

Fast 5 and Cars 2 DVDs.

Sharper Image non-fogging mirror with build-in radio for the shower.

New blue jeans.

Family got me a new snowboarding jacket, some giant r/c helicopter, a new helmet for the motorcycle, forza 4, some ae clothing, cash and some decorations for my place. Present to myself: paid off my credit cards and got a Samsung Galaxy. Best of all I got a raise.

what kind of rc chopper did you get?

i got parts for my car :lolguy: ...my fave is a spoiler (because that adds 20hp)

and my husband also bought the family a wii and he got me a wii fit because i've wanted it for a long time

our kids also made out like bandits...i have a giant doll house that needs to be assembled (thanks to my aunt)...seriously taller than my kids!!