Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're becoming the SEC, coach kicks dead weight off the team to clear space for new "great recruits", I really hope Urban isn't doing this. FWIW OSU has 5 DB's on the roster now, I wonder how thats going to work out at the spring game...last years game was lame due to not having enough offensive linemen

Only 5? That just can't be right. Off the top of my head...

Travis Howard

Dominic Clarke (OVI arrest)

Bradley Roby

Christian Bryant

Ohrian Johnson

Jamie Wood

Ron Tanner

Doran Grant

Derjuan Gambrell (arrested for assault this past weekend apparently)

Corey Brown

Edit: Now off a list, the guys I forgot...

CJ Barnett (not sure how I forgot him)

Zach Domicone (wanted to list him but wasn't sure if he was a medical waiver guy or maybe transferring)

Chad Hagan (think he's a medical waiver guy but it hasn't been announced yet)

Adam Griffin (don't really count him as a scholarship guy even though he technically is...lol)

So, hey, at least the DB's have Meyer up to 2 arrests already as the OSU head coach. :gabe:

Edit II: And Tyvis Powell is on campus as one of the early enrollees so there's another DB. So 15 on scholarship (unless Clarke and Gambrell do end up getting the boot) for the spring game.

NFL playoffs? Who you got in the matchups?

I want the giants to win, have been a fan of Eli's since the days of the media bashing him. The underdog thing I guess. But not sure they can stop the packers offense.

49ers win today.

Excited for tonight's game. Jesus picks broncos, but I'm not sure on that pick.

And of course anxious for ravens/Texans. (2 great UC defensive players going up against each other - Nakamura for ravens and Barwin for Houston). I have Ravens in super bowl, but we'll see.

Only 5? That just can't be right. Off the top of my head...

Travis Howard

Dominic Clarke (OVI arrest)- Supposedly on way out

Bradley Roby

Christian Bryant- safety

Ohrian Johnson- safety

Jamie Wood- safety

Ron Tanner- safety

Doran Grant

Derjuan Gambrell (arrested for assault this past weekend apparently)- Gone

Corey Brown- safety

Edit: Now off a list, the guys I forgot...

CJ Barnett (not sure how I forgot him)- safety

Zach Domicone (wanted to list him but wasn't sure if he was a medical waiver guy or maybe transferring)- Safety

Chad Hagan (think he's a medical waiver guy but it hasn't been announced yet)-listed as OLB

Adam Griffin (don't really count him as a scholarship guy even though he technically is...lol)

-DB

So, hey, at least the DB's have Meyer up to 2 arrests already as the OSU head coach. :gabe:

Edit II: And Tyvis Powell is on campus as one of the early enrollees so there's another DB. So 15 on scholarship (unless Clarke and Gambrell do end up getting the boot) for the spring game.

Add em up, there is 5 DB's and a whole mess of safetys lol. Like I said Urban has offered a ton of DB's in the last 10 days or so.

Oline will be thin again for spring game:

OT: Reid Fragle

OG: Corey Linsley

C: Brian Bobek

OG: Jack Mewhort

OT: Andrew Norwell

OT: Tommy Brown

OG: Ivon Blackman

C: ????

OG: Marcus Hall

OT: Chris Carter

You have these guys to fill in:

OT Nick Humphries- Walk on

OG Eric Kramer- Walk on

OG Ben St John- Walk on

OT Antonio Underwood

Only 1 Center on the 2012 roser?

Safeties are DB's...lol. You mean CB's?

Also, I don't think Urban ever did a format like Tressel did for spring games at Florida. It was more scrimmage-like than an actual game like OSU where players were drafted and everything. I don't think OSU's spring game format under Tressel was copied much around the country.

And OL Jacoby Boren is in early so there's an available OL for the spring game although he's barely big enough to play OL really.

I believe the spring game format was the way it was long before Tress came here. I remember going to one when Shawn Springs and Orlando Pace was here and it was Scarlet vs Gray.

I may or may not go to it anyways, I have a wedding to attend that same day plus Import Faceoff is the next day so I will be getting my car all tightened up

Psssst.. DB's are safeties and corners.

http://www.toonopolis.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/TheMoreYouKnow.jpg

:gabe:

Our recruiting class looking great!!!!!

I know. That's what I was pointing out to alittlelessordinary. He was referring to only the CB's as DB's and I was pointing out that safeties are DB's as well. The more you know.

I know. That's what I was pointing out to alittlelessordinary. He was referring to only the CB's as DB's and I was pointing out that safeties are DB's as well. The more you know.

I know, thats why I quoted and restated what you said to pick on alittlelessordinary. The more you know. My "you" is underlined... I win.

Blah blah blah and kickers are football players lol. That chick would get the D and I dont mean defense!! I may actually be able to watch ESPN and not hear Tebows name over 100 times per hr (that is a real factual number, saw news report that ESPN mentioned his name over 100 times in an hr today).

49ers are fucking sweet lol. I seriously am so glad that Harbaugh did not go to Michigan, the man can coach!!

There are Michigan fans out there who think Harbaugh couldn't have done with Michigan this season what Hoke did. I lol hard at them. I wanted Harbaugh back when they were going through their search because Tressel had dominated Michigan and I thought he could make it real interesting real quick. Now that they got their win against the first OSU team to lose 7 games since the 19th century... I'm glad they have Hoke and Urban is going to put the hurt on them.