Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

Oh man, that SF/NO game was INCREDIBLE! The final 5 minutes was some of the best football I've ever seen. I'm a huge 49ers fan so you can imagine how happy I am right now. After 9 straight seasons of garbage, it's good to actually be relevant again. The Niners are BACK!

Highlights for those who didn't see...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsHP83ifs98

And the final drive. LEGENDARY...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbxMz5h11CU

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While the Percy Harvin comparison has been used about 3,000 times since Urban became the coach, this is a kid I said would be Urban's Percy Harvin @ OSU right after Tressel resigned. I was joking at that point but now that Urban is in place and Jalin will be a Buckeye... BOOM.

And I don't think we'll ever see another player who is Teddy fast. His body and running style were inhuman. He may have actually made a mistake going the football route instead of the Olympics route. I guess even though he isn't a star in the NFL he's still getting his money so it's all good. And who knows, might even get a ring this year.

Haven't watched that in a few months. Gotta get my fill...lol.

While the Percy Harvin comparison has been used about 3,000 times since Urban became the coach, this is a kid I said would be Urban's Percy Harvin @ OSU right after Tressel resigned. I was joking at that point but now that Urban is in place and Jalin will be a Buckeye... BOOM.

And I don't think we'll ever see another player who is Teddy fast. His body and running style were inhuman. He may have actually made a mistake going the football route instead of the Olympics route. I guess even though he isn't a star in the NFL he's still getting his money so it's all good. And who knows, might even get a ring this year.

Haven't watched that in a few months. Gotta get my fill...lol.

Remember people said we would never see anyone as fast as Joey Galloway before Ted came along.

Remember people said we would never see anyone as fast as Joey Galloway before Ted came along.

I didn't watch OSU in the 90's so I never saw Galloway. :dumb:

But seriously, Teddy's body structure is not normal. His body is so short then he has the legs of someone like 6'4".

And another commit for Urban tomorrow, 4* OLB David Perkins out of South Bend, IN. nevada also has the ==== on 4* OLB Camren Williams (current PSU commit) who will be visiting OSU starting tomorrow along with his 4* CB teammate Armani Reeves. No ==== on him from nevada, don't think he has an official offer yet but with Clarke and Gambrell gone OSU needs CB's and he's the godson of Camren Williams' dad (who played for the Pats in the 90's) so they really want to end up at the same place.

Urban already has OSU ahead of Michigan's "best class ever" on Rivals with O'Connor's commitment today. They'll pass Michigan on 247 with a commitment from Perkins tomorrow. Will likely pass Michigan on Scout with the finish. :lolguy:

I didn't watch OSU in the 90's so I never saw Galloway. :dumb:

Burned people in college just like he did in the pros. Just doesnt have that look that Ginn does when he runs away from people... how he looks like hes not even trying but the person is fading away quickly.

Urban is a beast!!!!

Galloway was fast as shit, the scary thing about Ginn is he has said himself that he's never ran full speed on a football field lol. BTW watching those videos makes me sad, thinking what should've been with those teams, damn they were loaded with talent! Also if I am a Michigan State, Michigan or Indiana fan I am glad Ginn is gone, he killed those teams repeatedly lol

I have read about Reeves and Wiliams being a package deal. Word is James Winston is not coming to visit any longer, didnt think we really had a shot at him anyways. Oh and Gunner Keil decommited yet again and commited to ND. Why do top qb's go to ND? They dont produce good NFL qbs outside of Joe Montana in what, the 70s?

I watched Ted Ginn Jr run hurdles in the ohio high school state meet in I think 2004 or 2005ish timeframe.

In the 110 hurdles, he was warming up on olympic height. After that, he beasted the entire state class field by like 10 meters. So 9 of the fastest people in the state couldn't event come close to him in the 110's

I've seen Galloway and Ginn play. Galloway was a straight up burner. Ginn though took it to another level. Ginn's running style is so odd - like he's hunched forward a bit, and it doesn't even look like he's running that fast.

Some of the loudest cheers I've heard in a stadium is when Ginn would field a punt, run up field, and only the punter was left to tackle him. No kidding - the stadium would erupt in cheer because everyone knew it was a foregone conclusion that Ginn was scoring. It was amazing.

Also, watching that Ginn highlight video now. I've stopped it at about 1:38 and rewatched it several times in amazement of how Ginn just walks away from the Michigan State DB. Like Ginn just hit the fucking spray.

6:00 mark of video - him running a reverse on ND in Fiesta Bowl. LOL'ing and how he just blows by #50 (Mangold?) who is running out ahead to "block" for him. #50 is in an all-out sprint - totally in it to win it - and Ginn is just like whooooooooosh right by him.

And has surprisingly bad hands. I remember his first "catch" at OSU was a ridiculous one but it was out of bounds. That same year though he had a Troy Smith bullet go off his hands against Purdue which ended up being intercepted. Then he muffed tons of punts his sophomore and junior years.

I've seen every 49ers game the past two seasons so I have seen plenty of Ginn. He is bad at running routes (even runs the wrong routes at times), bad at locating the ball in the air (a couple times he didn't even see the ball until it hit him in the facemask) and his hands are pretty bad. He tries to catch with his body a lot, and routinely has passes bounce right off his chest.

He is a great returner, but is NOT a legitimate receiver. Great athlete and tremendous speed, but that's it. He is no better than a 4th or 5th receiver on any team in the NFL.