Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am on the 49ers bandwagon.

Lots of Buckeyes on that team. I don't really follow the NFL (Cincy fan if I'd have to claim a team) but I pay some attention to OSU players in the NFL. I know they have Larry Grant (had a monster game late in the season when Willis was out), Donte Whitner, Ted Ginn and Alex Boone.

The sequence in the game today when Teddy ran the pick and got hurt then they came out and ran the exact same illegal pick play again was lulzy.

"Oh father, why hast thou forsaken me ... during the playoffs ..." - Timmy Tebow

Then the earth went dark and the skies opened a great mouth, and a booming voice decreed, "I love thee Little Timmy Tebow, but give a shit about football, I do not. Please twitter-ist to city of Denver."

Then the Lord departeth wisdom upon Timmys adversary, sayeth He, "Good game Tom", and the sky closed, and the stadium emptieth. Steadfast, Timmy remained on the field of play, kneeleth on one knee, fist closed towards his face, and in his weakness Satan tempted him.

"Lucy Pinder".

Baltimore hs no Defense anymore, Yates is a 3rd string QB and they allow 14pts? Niners vs pack is going to be a good game next weekend. At this point I'd like to see 49ers vs Pats. 49ers are the new top Defense in the league. 49ers to go through NO->GB-->Then Pats= world champs and no questions, beat 3 best offenses in the league = earned respect.

Still mad Harbaugh gave the finger to Michigan.

Sounds like Taver Johnson is going to join Paul Haynes down in Arkansas. Thought he'd be a great fit under Meyer but I guess he didn't feel the same way.

And 4* OT Taylor Decker out of Vandalia, OH flipped from ND to OSU today. Warriner and Hinton doing work.

Sounds like Taver Johnson is going to join Paul Haynes down in Arkansas. Thought he'd be a great fit under Meyer but I guess he didn't feel the same way.

Heard that earlier today. Sp. Teams Coord or is Haynes trying to assemble a whole new staff?

Read that he might coach LB's and be co-DC with Haynes. No idea what the rest of the Razorback staff looks like.

Also looks like OSU will get another former PSU commit in Joey O'Connor. Another 4* OT from Colorado.

Yeah, their LB coach left after the season, so that would make sense.

Urban introducing the staff at halftime of the Indiana game today...

http://www.fliqz.com/aspx/permalinkblank.aspx?at=653c30e7-d275-4023-808b-a652e1d6138f&a=9620d483-55f3-418a-861b-cdc9ac35f9e2

The ovation Luke got was just awesome. People in the building said it may have been the loudest the Schott has ever been for anything.

The boos of Gene Smith were just a notch below the Fickell ovation but still awesome.

Looks like Dominic Clarke and Derjuan Gambrell have officially been released from their scholarships. Clarke is a really good player so that sucks.

Color me surprised.

Urban said he wouldnt make an example out of anyone, but I would definitely call that being made an example of

Baltimore hs no Defense anymore, Yates is a 3rd string QB and they allow 14pts?

You're rediculous. And you're giving yates no credit, he has shown himself to be a VERY good QB in every game he has played... That kid WILL be starting somewhere, very soon.

SEC tactics! Cutting dead weight in order to free up schollies.... Before anyone gives me the whole "well they were in the dog house" bullshit, remember Urban had 24 guys arrested and was soft when it came to handing out punishments. Like I said 4 Cornerbacks currently on the roster (1 of them has never played in a single college game and that includes a spring game lol).

I read about Decker committing but haven't read anything yet about O'Conner. Finally a real Tackle commit!!

So funny reading Ohio State fans excuses as to how this is acceptable, but its not cool when SEC teams do it...god I love my fellow Buckeye fans!! Next on the chopping block is Berry and word is Chris Carter (linemen) will be gone due t being out of shape of all fucking things. Go make his ass run and coach him up, isn't that what Jesus, I mean Urban was brought here to do?

SEC tactics! Cutting dead weight in order to free up schollies.... Before anyone gives me the whole "well they were in the dog house" bullshit, remember Urban had 24 guys arrested and was soft when it came to handing out punishments. Like I said 4 Cornerbacks currently on the roster (1 of them has never played in a single college game and that includes a spring game lol).

Clarke was anything but dead weight.

As for the recent transfer, Taver Johnson leaving as well explains that.

Berry deserves to be gone.

lol... Urban is not doing what the SEC does and he didn't even do it at Florida. Florida was one of very few SEC schools who did not oversign and make space later. Glad to see you're back in your "hate Urban for anything even if it makes no sense" form.

If anything this would be a positive (in some people's eyes - I couldn't care less if the team is full of thugs as long as they win...lol) change for Urban. He let a lot of kids run wild at Florida with all the arrests but here he's getting rid of starting-caliber players (Clarke) right away.