Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ I think a lot of the credit goes to Brad Seely. Cribbs was THE BEST punt returner when he was in cleveland... he goes to SF... and guess what Ginn is now awesome (because lets admit, he was not so great at Miami...).

He was fine as a returner at Miami.

Rookie year - 1,600 yards, 1 TD

2nd year - became more important to them as a WR so they used him about half as much on returns, 700 yards

3rd year - 1,300 yards, 2 TD's

1st year SF - 1,300 yards, 1 TD

2nd year SF - 1,200 yards, 2 TD's

No massive improvement or anything.

I have a couple of 49er fans as friends and they think Ginn is a bum.

Yep. He's only seeing time as a receiver because of injuries. Their #2 WR is on IR and their #3 WR was Braylon Edwards, but he got released because the slightest injuries cause him to play like a bitch

He was fine as a returner at Miami.

Rookie year - 1,600 yards, 1 TD

2nd year - became more important to them as a WR so they used him about half as much on returns, 700 yards

3rd year - 1,300 yards, 2 TD's

1st year SF - 1,300 yards, 1 TD

2nd year SF - 1,200 yards, 2 TD's

No massive improvement or anything.

Averages per return are a better way to track progress.. or lack there of.

I watched him at the state Track & Field championships his senior year. It was incredible to see him walk away from people in the 110m high hurdles.

And the commitment roll continues, 4* OLB Camren Williams (formerly committed to PSU) commits to OSU. His HS teammate and also a current PSU commit, 4* CB Armani Reeves, may very well follow shortly. Was with him on his visit in Columbus the last couple days. PSU fans everywhere melting down.

I think he's just flaky. Committed to Indiana where his brother was at then realized what a joke of a school Indiana was and de-committed. Went with LSU a month or two ago and then saw how inept they were offensively the last month or so of the season (then the rumors of all the shit that went down preparing for the NC game) and decided to stay closer to home with ND. If anyone was going to pay him it would have been LSU.

I think he's just flaky. Committed to Indiana where his brother was at then realized what a joke of a school Indiana was and de-committed. Went with LSU a month or two ago and then saw how inept they were offensively the last month or so of the season (then the rumors of all the shit that went down preparing for the NC game) and decided to stay closer to home with ND. If anyone was going to pay him it would have been LSU.

He says he switched to ND after his mom cried for hours about him going to school so far away

Matty Mauk is what they call a system qb just like his brother was. Its easy to put up huge numbers in highschool when you run 5 wide every play lol. He may be a litle better then Ben was, but I don't expect too much from Mauk at the next level. There is also rumors floating around that Dymonte Thomas a Michigan verbal for 2013 and cousin of OSU commit Brionte Dunn is opening recruitment back up and may make the switch to Ohio State. If you are a b10 coach you have go to hate Urban Meyer even more then I do lol. He has stolen basically everyone from Penn State that was woth a damn (I believe its 3 or 4 now), secured Dunn spoiling the fun for Michigan, took Pittman away from Michigan State and is working on taking Dodson away from Wisconsin. I dont like the man but he is recruiting his ass off, gotta give credit where its due.

David Durham will be transferring now too. Came in as a LB/LEO recruit but was moved to fullback a year or so ago. Not a lot of FB action in Meyer's system, especially when it's not a position you've played for very long. Meyer, Herman and Warinner will find ways to utilize Zach Boren because he's a great FB but after that the FB probably won't be used at all.

Durham going means OSU and Meyer are back down to 82 where they need to be but some people still expect OSU to pick up 4-5 more which means 4-5 more are either being kicked off the team (Jamaal Berry), transferring (no idea) or doing medical hardship (Hagan comes to mind).

The class finish according to Bill Greene yesterday was...

CB Armani Reeves (current PSU commit)

OT Kyle Dodson (current Wiscy commit)

LB Jamal Marcus (currently on an official visit here - said his final 2 were OSU and ECU the other day - draw your own conclusion...lol)

S Demetrious Cox (odd recruitment to say the least - also on official visit this weekend)

Then another WR (Davonte Neal, Joel Caleb, someone we haven't heard of yet)

I read that Berry was actually staying as he hasn't been convicted of anything...

Durham is supposedly at Pitt today visiting so yeah he's most likely gone. I wonder where Jordan Diamond ends up. Many say its between OSU and Michigan, well Michigan already has something like 6 o-linemen in this current class